Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round K10 10mm magazine?

As far as I know the 10 round 10mm mag has always been the red follower. I found this one on E-Bay and someone said it may just be a dimpled full-size which now holds 10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAGAZINE-EAA-WITNESS-10MM-10RD-MGEA101440-/221377922003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338b2703d3

It has a different number than the full-size (101440). Does anyone know if they made a true 10 round K10 and what that part number might be?

• 3 months later...

I need 10 rd mags for my Limited. It's a 40 but load long so will need 10mm mags. Questions: can the baseplates of the 10 rd factory magazines be removed and replaced with IPSC legal .500s from Henning? How does one remove/replace spring and follower for cleaning and maintenance? I will be competing in the Canadian IPSC Standard class and taking my USPSA Limited gun to do that.

ok, well I run the 38 super large frame 10 round mags.

they are the full size mags and are identical to the 17 round mags except for 2 dimples (one front and one on the back).

Yes the baseplates are identical to the un-restricted mags (I run the ben stoeger production legal pads on mine). for stripping just like you would a regular mag. push the lock plate up, slide off basepad, lock plate and spring come out and follower comes out. you have to kind of tip it a bit to get it past the dimples but it comes out pretty easily. :)

I will be competing in the Canadian IPSC Standard class and taking my USPSA Limited gun to do that.

Unless you are prohibited from owning higher capacity magazines (14-15 in my large frame .40) by silly legislators, why use 10 round mags?

Bingo.

I should note that the older full size but restricted mags used to have the dimples and a cut that ran right around the mag at the height of the dimples and stopped just short of each dimple. they are crap and can and will break on their own without any tampering. many guys with those ones had to weld up the cuts just to stop them falling apart. thankfully they don't do that any more and determined that the dimples were permanent enough on their own. so yeah, if buying used ask if they have the cuts or not.