Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Basepad Locking Plates

Howa4au

Anybody know where to get some of these? The old style plates with the retaining post in the center. I only need 3 and my Speed Shooters base pads won't stay with the new style plates. Speed Shooters are out of them and I haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

Anybody know of a source?

Damn! Didn't know these were available when I bought your standard sized M&P basepads. Oh well, the standard ones are still worlds of improvement over the factory parts! Thanks for making a solid product, I plan to break them in this weekend at the local match.

Damn! Didn't know these were available when I bought your standard sized M&P basepads. Oh well, the standard ones are still worlds of improvement over the factory parts! Thanks for making a solid product, I plan to break them in this weekend at the local match.

They weren't available then, just this week. They are a work in progress, as we want to make both the factory replacement and shorter ones compatible with the SSS ESP magwell. Is there interest in one that is thicker, like .375"? Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Loves2Shoot

I can't speak to the need for a thicker baseplate, since I shoot production and don't have a magwell. One minor suggestion is to list an estimated weight on the description page of your website. Might help people make a purchase decision, especially those in production who can't go 2 oz over the OEM weight of the gun.

They are less than 1 oz, and that is a good suggestion. I'll add it to the descriptions. The one big benefit for me is they make the magazines a little longer and when I put my finger on the magwell the bullets are inside the pistol, making for a faster and more reliable load. The extra weight helps them come out a little faster when the mags are empty. It may be because I shot limited for so many years, but I hands down miss less loads with the longer basepads.

I'm the guy who requested the short base pads. I received them last night and did my first dry fire with them tonight. They feel great. The lip that is on the front of the stock pads is gone, making the magazines sit much more naturally in the hand.