Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gas block suggestions

Therealkoop

Everyone wants that adjustment so they can turn it way down. Once I have it set where I want I probably wont move it much.

Okay, I had put a Syrac/JP gas block on recently, and took a JP adjustable block off, to get block under a keymod rail.

I started at the 2 turns out recommended setting, and was able to go in a half turn, and get bolt to lock back, therefore giving me the least amount of gas needed to to run the gun... One thing I did notice though, the gun had a LOT more rise and jump with this new gas block than the old JP block... May try running with more gas, to try and reduce what goes out barrel and hits comp... What do you guys think??

Your probably running more gas to the carrier than you were before. Opening the port is going to increase your bolt speed and make it slam to the rear harder, increasing recoil.

Koop, I was 2 1/2 turns out w the JP block, and am at 1 3/4 on the Syrac... Guys at JP said that changing the handguard and shaving off nearly a pound is what is causing the muzzle to climb... They said the guns were weighted in the front to help reduce recoil and muzzle climb, and I went and cut a pound of flesh off the beast....

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if the SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 adjustable gas block (clamp-on version) will fit under the BCM KMR rail?

I don't have experience with that rail, but I do have a couple of the Sentry 7's. They've fit where others have required a little love with the dremel tool. I'm going to do a write up and review when I have a little free time.

The owner is really easy to talk to and will take the time to make sure you're getting the product you need for your application.

If you want to PM me with the clearances, I'll check them against my barrel tomorrow. I have a clamp on sentry installed and a set screw version on the bench waiting.