Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock Loads?

dhunt91

I all First of let me say i am new to Open as well as reloading so any help given will be greatly appreciated.

First the bullet

which do you open guys think is better the

115 gr CMJ Montana Golds or the 124gr CMJ Montana Golds?

Second is Powder: been looking around and seems a lot of people are using auto comp or Win223 for open loads. What is the best in your opinion.

Gun is a g17 9mm with a 3 port carver comp since it will go between minor and major for USPSA and Steel Challenge.

Okay thanks for the clear up dont feel like blowing something up lol

1.6 would never be doable with a 9mm. The 1 was missing after the . is all. I think 1.17 is pushing your luck in a Glock mag. I would try to stay close to 1.16. I don't even run 1.17 in my STI mags

Edited by Sarge

1.6 would never be doable with a 9mm. The 1 was missing after the . is all. I think 1.17 is pushing your luck in a Glock mag. I would try to stay close to 1.16. I don't even run 1.17 in my STI mags

Maximum SAAMI OAL for 9mm is 1.169" 1.17 SHOULD be doable in a Glock mag. I can't imagine that Glock would make their mags unable to fit the max standard OAL for 9mm.

Maximum SAAMI OAL for 9mm is 1.169" 1.17 SHOULD be doable in a Glock mag. I can't imagine that Glock would make their mags unable to fit the max standard OAL for 9mm.

SHOULD- yes. Always will work-? Of course testing is in order and it's pretty simple. Load them up and make sure they work, in every mag, every time.

John Nagel (aka) glock jockey of SJC reccomends 1.145 O.A.L. with 124 gr. jhp montana gold

And i use federal small rifle primers.

Extended tip Jager or Glockworx striker for reliable ignition, when 4lb. striker spring is used.

I get 100% ignition in 9 maj. 17 open gun.

Load is win. auto comp 6.7-7.0 grn.

11 port SJC comp

Edited by sweetback

Okay thanks for all the info and input guys I really appreciate it

Last question

What press do you guys recomend for a new major reloader

Single, Turret, or Progressive.

Was planning on going Single for the first while.

Is it really smart to use a progressive for major loads?

I have the same question but in .40 - I am waiting for my SJC Open Glock (for the last 5 months) and was told it should arrive soon. .

Probably looking at Autocomp as well... but not sure of OAL and bullet brand.

Any one have info on the load? Thanks in advance.