Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm production

nick romero

I've shot both. The Stock 1 feels a little lighter on the front and the beavertail is smaller. IMHO there is hardly any difference in feel between the 2. They both feel balanced and the internals are the same. Both have a cone barrel in them.
The biggest difference is the sights. The Stock 1 sights are way inferior to the Bomar style target sights on the Stock II, Limited, etc. However Henning has a fixed rear for the Match/Stock I that is awesome. I have it on my Stock I and its night and day difference from that and the LPA adjustable.

H104M_rearview.jpg

http://henningshootsguns.com/shop/sights.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've shot both. The Stock 1 feels a little lighter on the front and the beavertail is smaller. IMHO there is hardly any difference in feel between the 2. They both feel balanced and the internals are the same. Both have a cone barrel in them.

The biggest difference is the sights. The Stock 1 sights are way inferior to the Bomar style target sights on the Stock II, Limited, etc. However Henning has a fixed rear for the Match/Stock I that is awesome. I have it on my Stock I and its night and day difference from that and the LPA adjustable.

H104M_rearview.jpg

http://henningshootsguns.com/shop/sights.html

Thanks Nealio, I love my Stock II but finding another is almost impossible and a Stock I has presented itself to me and I simply can't think of a reason to let it go by and not get it as a backup production gun. The sights were the one thing I was unsure of but now I have an answer if I need to upgrade them. Thanks again

Sent from my flux capacitor

LOL Twinkie, I am keeping my Stock II with a kung-fu grip. Of course I am anxious to see how this Stock I shoots once I get it this weekend. I have read that they are extremely similar but some think it balances well if not maybe a little better without having the full length dust cover

I am anxious to see the balance comparisons of the I&II and how the lengths of the dust covers affect the balance. I will know very very soon, thank you USPS for once getting me a package earlier than scheduled:-)

If you ever handled the Match Elite, you will have a great idea of the balance for Stock 1. My Stock III [full length cover] is noticeably more nose heavy. Both of mine have 4.75" barrels and yours have 4.5" but the balance differential is the same.

Stock 2 is listed at 43oz. The closest gun with similar weight and long cover and USPSA production legal is the Stock III. Stock 3 is listed as 2.1lb but it is about 40oz. The Limited Pro has shorter cover but 41oz weight - excellent balance.

Jim Jones is a great guy to deal with and knows his stuff.

As far as triggers - the CZ Custom Shadow has a great trigger but costs more. To get same trigger, aluminum grips and additional mags in Tanfoglio, you will actually spend more. If the Tanf. guns had more availability, dealers would discount - not at this time, not for Stock.

If you prefer a fuller grip size, Tanfoglio are perfect. I tried the CZ and it was too thin for me - loved the trigger though.

All B.S. aside, CZ is the Corvette and Tanf is the Masarati. The Vette is just as fast, handles great and easier to maintain. Some people just want the rarer animal - Tanfoglio.

I love my Stock II, I agree CZ triggers can/are better but I just like the balance and ergonomics of the Tanfos. It simply feels better in the hands. Nothing against CZ's as they are great pistols. Just each their own. I picked up the Stock I about an hour ago and right out the box I did notice a difference in the weight, more so in the front but obviously not having the full length dust cover as I am used to I figured that to be expected.

The gun does have a good balance and feel in the hands. The stock sights are nothing to swoon over and the trigger for a Tanfo straight out of the box certainly is nothing to be desired, LOL. The guy at my FFL thought the DA was awesome course he never felt trigger on my Stock II, but anyways. For the deal I got I am very happy with it and will make a good backup Production gun, yea another II or III would have been nice but given the price and the little bit of fondling I have been able to do I am satisfied. First thing will be a FO Front sight and then starts the trigger.

No dots atlas

Sweet! That's my only problem with Match sights...

I really wish I could use the super sights on it, they're so much better

Sent from my flux capacitor

Dude get that Henning fixed sight! You can get a set of front and rear for $99 !