Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Proposed Handgun Ban In San Francisco

jeff89

Dont kid yourself, CA has the 8th largest economy in the world..Largest distributor of produce, dairy prodcuts..etc..

I doubt the ban will happen, but like others have mentioned cities like Chicago and D.C. already have similiar bans. For years NYC would not allow cops from neighboring jurusicdictions within the state to carry concealled inside city limits.

If you lived in the NYC suburbs, it took 5-7 months to get a pistol permit, and thats just to own, forget about CCW.

Dont kid yourself, CA has the 8th largest economy in the world..Largest distributor of produce, dairy prodcuts..etc..

Fifth largest economy in the world, actually.

The US is the first. Where do you think it'd go if the 5th wasn't part of its tally?

GDP of the US is about 10.5 trillion. If CA is fith that means it is between 2.5 and 3 trillion (I'm guessing here, give or take half a trillion $) that would leave the US in 1st place, still about 3 trillion ahead of number two China. We would still buy lettuce and avacado from you as well as movies, sell you water and not have to pay for your social programs. It's a deal! Of course if we suspected you of supporting terrorists we would destroy your government, put in our own people and make out like bandits with government contracts to rebuild your power supply. It would really be much better for you to just let everyone have a gun if they like and play nice. :D

I have long been of the opinion that NoCal should secede from SoCal (and maybe even the US). The dividing line should be just below Gilroy and Monterrey (I like garlic and the Monterrey Aquarium).The capitol should be San Jose (they have been dying to be bigtime for so long), this will also help keep furrin’ diplomats from traipsing too far inside our sovereign borders and bringing anything resembling California cuisine back again ;-)

Only Southern California needs furrin‘ water (it’s a desert people, move to the water). Let SoCal have the movie machine, they will need that dirty chunk of economy to pay for the water they presently steal from NoCal and states to the east. We will happily keep Silicon Valley and the Tech mantle, after all we built that economy locally and by our bootstraps.

BTW, 5th largest world economy is correct for CA and SF is now the number 1 most expensive city in the US to live in (passed NY a while ago).

--

Regards,

Only the Bay Area needs to secede. The rest of NorCal is normal

If NoCal didn’t have the Bay Area, it would be the poorest state in the nation :P

If the Bay Area seceded on it’s own, it could buy anything it needed, including new friends B)

--

Regards,

I dunno SL, The garlic processing plant off 152 is pretty much nuthin’ compared to the cattle pens off Interstate 5 at Coalinga. Pheeeww! I start lockin’ up the vehicle and shuttin’ down the ventilation about 20 miles before I get near that one.

--

Regards,