Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy from Montana

bigarm

Hi. I am new here and thought I would introduce myself. I have lived in the Flathead Lake area of Montana for about 7 and 1/2 years and before that lived in the Portland-Vancouver area for 31 years. I moved here to retire, but instead went back to work. I am going to retire for good in June. My wife and I competed in cowboy action shooting and tactical matches in the Portland area, but have not competed since we moved here. We are planning on beginning to compete again with handgun and 3 gun matches in Missoula and Bigfork this year. In fact we are signed up for the new competitor clinic in Missoula in March. Been spending my time working (special ed teacher) and now it is time to do other things. We also want to do some camping and hiking to explore this great state we live in. Glad to be here and hope to learn.

Edited by bigarm

That's great. I looked at their website but the calendar was for 2013, so I emailed them to see if the dates at set for this year.

I think they're always the 4th Saturday... I go to them all.. if you need any gear, you're welcome to borrow mine

The big match in August, is already sold out

Thanks D. Hayden! We are no spring chickens (61 each), but I think we can still have fun!

lol.. I'm not that far behind.. shooting senior this year

I have just about spare everything's.. in case you need anything at a Boulder (LCH) shoot..

eta - and you're welcome to try anything before you buy too much..

Edited by D.Hayden

Welcome. My dad lives just north of Eureka and fishes Flathead on a fairly regular basis. Beautiful country up there for sure. Funny, he was just trying to coax me out for a visit a couple weeks ago using a radio add he heard for a 3-gun match. I was tempted, just love it up there. Where else in the US can you take just about every species of large game native to North America without leaving your porch.