Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buck Mark Rifle

rooster mcbee

My club has a rimfire rifle class at their monthly Steel Challenge match. Most everyone shoots a 10/22 or some form of the AR15-22. I shoot a Buck Mark in rimfire open pistol, and was wondering if anyone uses or has tried the Buck Mark rifle with any success. I think I want to try one, but honestly have never even held one in my hands. The Sporter model looks like it would be very light and fast for target transitions, and I could use the same magazines that I use in my pistol. On the other hand, the stock placement/design looks a little awkward. What's your experience?

I have won many matches using that gun,it is a little quirky because you can't get the mag release with your thumb when you're holding it to your face, also the openness of the slide sometimes gets hot unburned powder ejected on your cheek but the cool points are off the chart. A nose to charging handle style hold will get you smacked in the nose.

I also shoot the pistol version and the rifle version intrigues me. I've never seen one in person and around my area Browning products are extremely hard to find. I've been looking for a 7.25" pistol for months and can't locate any. I currently use a 15-22 in our rifle side matches.

The Buckmark rifle is a lot of fun for Steel Challenge, but it is a little different to shoot because it's not exactly like a traditional rifle like a 10/22 and not exactly like an AR style rifle. The Sporter works well, but they also make a Carbon Fiber barrel model that is over a pound lighter than the Sporter.

I also shoot the pistol version and the rifle version intrigues me. I've never seen one in person and around my area Browning products are extremely hard to find. I've been looking for a 7.25" pistol for months and can't locate any. I currently use a 15-22 in our rifle side matches.

If you give up trying to find a 7 inch Buckmark, you can always buy any model Buckmark, except for the Contour, and buy a 7.25 inch barrel to swap. You can buy them direct from Browning. Blued Bullseye barrel is p/n B5152815 and the Stainless Bullseye barrel is p/n B5150058 and are about $130-140. The Hunter barrel is p/n B5150021 and is about $90.