Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next pistol....

Nebwake

I hace been shooting my STI trojan 9mm in SS minor and love it but I am looking for a hicap gun for 3 gun and possibly USPSA (prob minor). I really want a 2011 platform but really cant push that on the wife as we are expecting our 2nd kid in september. I have owned nearly every production pistol out there and really dont have an opinion on them as I shoot them all ok, but not anywhere near my 1911's (even my xd's and M&P's). I am throwing around the idea of a G35 with a conversion 9mm barrel for 3 gun but am a little concerened about the grip angle difference. I can get blue lable so that is a huge discount, but I am also looking at the CZ's. They are a bit more in price, but what needs to be done to them to make them ready? I plan on about $800-1K budget later this summer on this gun and mags. Ideas?

Go with a glock. The grip angle can be fixed with some sanding and stippling or a Grip force adapter.

Get a 35 and buy a conversion barrel so you can shoot 9 for 3 gun and 40 in limited. Its like having two guns for the price of a barrel and mags.

This is what I do with my glock 24, works good for me.

I want to shoot limited (dont really care that much about minor as I really just shoot for fun) and 3 gun. ill prob still shoot my 1911 for steel and continue to shoot SS minor as I really like the reloading challange

My TS had a 2 lb stock trigger. It had some take up and over travel but the trigger has adjustment screws so that can be taken care of. Like everyone else I ended up putting in the flat trigger and cz custom hammer. It may be a touch under two pounds and has a little cleaner break. I don't know if the custom stuff was totally worth the money but I had to find out for myself. I don't chase the absolute lightest trigger pull but I want a clean break and short reset. I also like the looks of the cz custom hammer.

The TS comes out of the box with a great trigger right about 2#, I installed the bobbed Czechmate hammer, did some polishing and mine is right around 1.5# with an 18# hammer spring and 2mm of travel from stop to stop. With a 13# hammer spring the pull goes down to around a pound, but the break is not as crisp and the hammer doesn't SNAP down with authority like is does with a heavier spring.

IMG_20131011_044141_094_zps866a455a.jpg

Edited by kneelingatlas

Unless you want to send the Limited out for trigger work (or are inclined to try to do it yourself,) Tactical Sport all the way. The Tactical Sport has the best trigger I've ever felt out of the box, and even after me doing a ton of work to the Limited, it's still better. Plus, CZ Custom is super easy to deal with for parts. There are some great guys doing things with Tanfoglio, but I've found that getting parts is like hunting down the Ark of the Covenant.