Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

missouri 200gr RNFP

ghost21

Yep, shot those for a while before I got tired of the leading (in EVERY bullet of theirs i tried), the lube is too hard. Went to BBI and havent been back to bare lead since.

4.2 gr of clays was the load. Probably made powerfactor but dont have exact chrono data.

I've used them they have a cannelure that i really didn't like. more of a cowboy bullet to me but they did shoot fine. I had got them to load for a friends xd he changed his mind about reloading and i was stuck with 1000 of them and the bill. I had to seat them past the cannelure to get proper function around 1.19 to run in my 1911's and P220

Thanks guys!

I've just started using Missouri bullets, My first were the 147s in 9mm. Shot great out of my G35 with LW 9mm conversion barrel. Since I have used all my 200gr SWCs ,And Missouri was out of their 200swc ,I decided to try these.

BTW I'm using 4.0 grs of VV N340 under the 9mm 147s and Have not experience any leading , I've put about 300rds down the tube!

The Missouri Bullet 200gr rnfp leaded my SW625 worse than any other bullet I have ever used in that revolver. I used them for practice when 200gr round nose bullets were not available. I used 4.8gr American Select and Federal LP primers.. I attribute the problem to the narrow bearing surface and whatever lube they use.

I will try the remaining ones in my CZ97. I hope they will feed OK in a semi-auto.

Chris

I've used them they have a cannelure that i really didn't like. more of a cowboy bullet to me but they did shoot fine.

The ring is a lube groove, not a cannelure. Even on a revolver you don't crimp into the groove.

No, it is a cannelure. This is a 45 colt bullet meant for a crimp.

cowboy4.jpg

Edited by DWFAN

I know the RNFPs are for 45colt,But when I ordered these were all out of 200 and 185gr SWC. They were not in rotation of being casted at that time. So I went with the RNFP, The 147s I ordered for my G35 with 9mm conversion barrel . Eat the 9mm 147gr FPs no problem, No signs of leading after 300rds.Hope I can say the same for the 200gr RNFP out of my springer 45.

:Loading 200rds tonight ,will post with results when I get a chance to go to the range!

Finally had time to test the 200gr RNFP !

Groups were decent, All shots were inside a circle the size of a baseball at 15yrds,(offhand) recoil was not powder puff, but not factory either ,didn't run them over a chrono.

Load I am using is

200gr RNFP

mixed brass

Fed LPP

4.0 grns Titegroup

As soon as I can I will run them over a chrono.

But I think this is going to be a good load, Just have more testing to do. BTW after 200rds,No sign of leading!

Jeff