Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racer Mag Pouches - Glock Mags

cferree

I just received a package from CED with my DAA Racer mag pouches. The side shims that come installed are for STI/SV mags. There's about 0.040 to 0.050 clear when you insert a Glock mag. The thicker shims that come with them are for CZ/EAA mags. They reduce the internal dimension by 0.120+/-. Before I take the time to grind/sand 0.080 off the CZ shims, I was wondering if anyone is running them with Glock mags and the STI/SV shims? Will they stay in or fall out when you move?

Thanks,

Charles

I wanted to buy them directly from DAA, but I couldn't get my debt or credit card to work (same bank).

I don't blame the bank with all of the credit/debt fraud that has happened lately.

I'll try them this weekend, without modifying them.

I'll post how they work (or don't).

The loose ones won't work (ask me how I know!). The tighter ones won't work either without modification or some serious tension. I didn't purchase mine through DAA, but Saul was still more than willing to send out the Glock size shims. Give him a call or email and they will most likely be sent out free of charge that day.

As a temporary fix, you can sand down the thicker ones on a belt sander. If you look at the back of the spacer, you'll see the thickness of the spacer, followed by a sort of "frame" system (thicker spots) on the back. When you sand them down, you will need to do so until there is only a very very thin amount of plastic left where it was thick. Kind of hard to explain, but basically sand until right before you would have a skeleton looking spacer. I will see if I can find my old ones and post pics. I'll also measure my correctly sized ones if you need it.

The loose ones won't work (ask me how I know!). The tighter ones won't work either without modification or some serious tension. I didn't purchase mine through DAA, but Saul was still more than willing to send out the Glock size shims. Give him a call or email and they will most likely be sent out free of charge that day.

Thanks for that info, I just purchased several of these this week for my new Limited rig and noticed the problem. I emailed DAA and got a reply back from Saul saying the parts would be on the way.

In this day and age it's nice to deal with a company that believes in good customer support.

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered the glock setup also not even a week after these posts and mine came with a baggie of extra spacers ground down to work with my glock mags so DAA was right on top of that issue it looks like

• 1 year later...