Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Single Stack Gear

Mpie427

I shot my 1st USPSA Single Stack match yesterday. I was using my 5” Government in a Blade Tec Holster, along with my IDPA mag pouches, and I need more pouches - lots more :)

What are the best holsters and magazine pouches used in USPSA Single Stack division? I am also considering another DAA Belt. Thanks, Mike

I've had several holsters and keep coming back to the BladeTech. What mag pouches are you using now? I use CR Speed and Safariland 771 and 773. My first choice are the 771's but you have to shop around to find them, they've been discontinued. Second choice are the 773's. I keep 6 on the belt, a Barney in the pocket and one in the gun, just in case you were going to ask. :)

I used Side Armor magazine pouches - very nice but they will not fit the thicker DAA belt. I am thinking on Comp-tac paddle holster, and pouches. I have that setup with a glock and love it... With Comp-tac you have both the clip-on and Tek-lok option for their magazine pouches and I am not sure which is best.

Thanks...Amazon has some, just not 6...Any thoughts on the DAA Single Stack pouches?

Sorry, I don't have any experience with those holders. They look nice and there are a lot of people that really like them. To be honest, I don't think I've ever lost a match because of the holders or holster. Take a look at a few at a local match and pick out the ones you like and are within your budget.

Thanks...Amazon has some, just not 6...Any thoughts on the DAA Single Stack pouches?

I've been through almost all the SS pouches for USPSA. The DAA were the best for me. Tried them bullet nose out and have never looked back. Had to drill my own holes in them to set up nose out (they have a video for it). Stoeger sells them now on his website with the holes all drilled so u can easily test reg vs nose out.

I've been through almost all the SS pouches for USPSA. The DAA were the best for me. Tried them bullet nose out and have never looked back. Had to drill my own holes in them to set up nose out (they have a video for it). Stoeger sells them now on his website with the holes all drilled so u can easily test reg vs nose out.

Yes, it is a toss up on pouches...I have some double stack plastic DAA's that are not being used...are the Single Stacks a little more sturdy?

Yes, it is a toss up on pouches...I have some double stack plastic DAA's that are not being used...are the Single Stacks a little more sturdy?

Yes they are. I had started with the plastic double stacks and the insert for SS. Much happier with the SS dedicated ones.

I've had several holsters and keep coming back to the BladeTech. What mag pouches are you using now? I use CR Speed and Safariland 771 and 773. My first choice are the 771's but you have to shop around to find them, they've been discontinued. Second choice are the 773's. I keep 6 on the belt, a Barney in the pocket and one in the gun, just in case you were going to ask. :)

771 are still in production, though the original leather wrapped pouches have been replaced with some sort of faux texture.

I used blade tech holster with DAA racer SS pouches

Thanks for the info and also great video's - wow. I ordered the DAA's. BTW, Midway has some Discount Promo codes going today.

As did I. Someone over at DAA owes Corey beer. Also going Blade-Tech for my Single Stack holster once my pistol comes in based on the recommendation of Corey and other Single Stack Jedi Masters I've spoken to on the subject. Mine will have a square trigger guard and I'm told Blade-Tech will happily accommodate sending me out a holster that will work with that.

I got mine from Ben Stoeger's Pro Shop and it looks like there are only three left now in stock over there. FYI in case anyone is pondering a purchase.