Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost The One

Noximus03

Did a search and got nothing back about them, really. I'm currently running a Ghost. Not sure which Gen it is (I had to drill the gun), but I'm looking for a new holster, and I'm torn between the Super Ghost and The One.

Anyone got some info on them? I know where to buy them, just looking for a review from people who use/d them. Thanks!

I have used nearly every recent holster there is. I received the One a few weeks ago, and used it at an IPSC LVL 3 as well as a couple level 1's.

I ran it with a single stack, and have tried it with my SV.

I have since purchased 2 more for use with my dedicated double stack and production rigs. Best of both worlds in my opinion (I will never run a holster without barrel/pin support again).

I have used nearly every recent holster there is. I received the One a few weeks ago, and used it at an IPSC LVL 3 as well as a couple level 1's.

I have since purchased 2 more for use with my dedicated double stack and production rigs. Best of both worlds in my opinion (I will never run a holster without barrel/pin support again).

Are those prod legal up there?

Did you try the safariland 014? If so, how did it compare?

get the DAA, it's the only one you will ever need

I have one.....and there's a reason why I'm asking for a Ghost review.

Not trying to turn this into yet another Chevy v Ford debate. There's enough of that going on here. I'm trying to make an educated decision about the Ghost holster referenced in the title.

I appreciate you chiming in, but let's stay on point. Thanks.

I'm interested in hearing about the holster too. I went from a CR Speed, to a race master, then to the Manny Bragg, now on the safariland 014. I love the 014, but am always looking for something better.

So no, the DAA is not the be all and end all.

I still have CR Speed, Sickinger Speed Machine 3D, DAA Racer, DAA Racemaster and I had Ghost Ultimate. Both DAA's are much better than any other I have or had. But if I would be on the market for the new holster I would try The One for sure, because of the mechanism as I mentioned before, it's simply the best but rest of the features I don't know, depends what you are looking for. If you have multiple guns or you are changing the guns a lot than Racemaster is a must, other things that I prefer DAA's over the Ghost The One are locking lever, no barrel support cone, attachment hanger for the belt and tension adjustment screw.

That's my point of view but at the end everyone has their own preferences and subjective taste.

My first race holster was a DAA for the SVI and it was great.

Then I started shooting IPSC Classic, which is kind of single stack where race holsters are allowed. Wanted to stay with the DAA but after I tried 2 1911 inserts in the DAA, I had to give up. The 1911's would wiggle a lot in the DAA, the grip location could move a couple of inches. Apparently there is a lot of variation in trigger guard dimensions in the various manufacturers of 1911 frames.

I then went to a Ghost Ultimate and found that it could accept any 1911 frame (that I tried) with a minimum amount of wiggle. Then last summer I saw the Ghost ONE.

Finally got a Ghost One delivered to me in early December. With a little under 2 months of play, it handles any of the 1911 frames that I have. As a bonus, the same holster also handles my SVI's. Without any adjustment. The Ghost One handles my 1911's and SVI's interchangeably.

The Ghost One is a fast from the draw as the Ghost, which I already thought was a fast as the DAA. The adjustment options appear to be the same as the Ghost. The re-holstering is changed from the Ghost. With the Ghost I would re-holster from the top, place the gun above where the holster was and then push down into the holster. With the Ghost One you place the gun on the muzzle platform and then rock back into the holster. I think the new re-holster method is a little better as it is easy to see the muzzle platform and then push back. With the earlier Ghost I could not actually see the holster as I was pushing the gun into position.

I gave up on the CR years ago. Damn gun would never stay in the holster. I've been using a Gen II ghost since Sept last year when I made the switch to 2011's, so I've become accustomed to the twist and turn lock familiar with a Ghost.

I did order a The One, and while it was in transit, I got to try out a 014 in a match and liked it A LOT! I got the ghost right in time for a steel match Sunday, and like just as much as the 014. The Ghost is a touch stiff out of the box, but between dry fire practice and the steel match, it loosened up nicely. I'm really liking the Ghost, and for the money....it'd be my 1st choice, with the 014 a very close second.