Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am buying a Ipad Air and was looking to get a keyboard case/stand. I have been looking at Logitech, Belkin and Zagg.

I am partial to the Zagg because of the backlit keyboard. Does anyone have any recommendations on these or other brands or if a keyboard case/stand is even worth it?

Just get the apple cover-it folds into a neat stand to type. All you need.

It all depends on what you use it for. On screen typing is not ready for productivity.....

Tweets and short e-mails, sure.....

Long e-mails, or any kind of work, you'll wish for a keyboard.....

• 1 month later...

My lady got me an iPad Air when it came out. To accompany it she included some off brand ebay special book style keyboard case, can't blame her really seeing how expensive the ipad already is. Long story short the cheap-o case fell apart in about four months and I'am left searching for a good alternative like OP. I placed an order for this iPad Air Aluminum Keyboard case and think it should work just fine for how i use it and yes, Iam forced to type long winded BS on my iPad. If I were a bit richer however i would probably spring for the Logictech option it looks super nice and apparently its keys are on point....my 2 cents i guess.

My 83- year old mother has had the IPad Air with the Apple cover/stand for about a month now and I'm jealous. My regular IPad with the Apple cover seems twice as heavy and if I try to hold mine with one hand it occasionally falls off the magnet. Hers is easily held one handed no problem. I don't mind using the pad to type and would find a keyboard too clunky for the way I use it.