Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fastest split on a Pocket Pro?

Religious Shooter

The splits thread got me thinking. I saw a video (maybe a Lenny Magill production) a long time a go with a shooter talking about splits. He said that most timers wouldn't record the faster splits. I remember him mentioning that the "yellow Canadian timers" could pick up the quicker ones.

I haven't done it awhile but I remember practicing one day with my Pocket Pro and I remember trying to get the fastest split I could --- just double tapping into the berm :P . I don't remember the exact split time, but I remember hitting a wall. It felt like I was going faster on some splits, but they registered the same with the Pocket Pro.

Maybe I was just fooling myself, but what is the fastest split you've had with a Pocket Pro? How about any other brand of timer?

Kind of want to know what the speed limit is on the various brands.

I can vouch for the .06 splits on the CED6000! A friend's 1911 went full auto at the range yesterday on the last 3 shots in the mag, and it showed the .06 on the last 2 splits. New custom-built, so I guess it needs some work, huh? :huh:

Alan~^~

I don't remember what the splits were but yesterday we were shooting one of the member's Mac 10 and a 30 round magazine would take 2.13 seconds to run. Pocket Pal timer only picked up 15 shots. Of course my reaction time sucked on the start command at about .25 second. :D:D:D

FWIW

dj

I told my son(as I was loading mags) that the machine gun (loading) was such (still loading) a waste (loading still) of ammo. (pulling the trigger for 2 seconds) and then reloading again! I'm sure glad you can buy Blazer for $3.86 a box.

sorry for the thread drift..

dj

i've wondered if there would be any difference if you tried to time splits with 2 different timers at the same time. anyone ever try that? i figure that different timers wouldnt pick up splits identically...but i only own 1 timer so i've never been able to try it.