Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge .40 recoil spring shooting Atlanta Arms Minor ammo

davsco

if anyone is shooting Atlanta Arms .40 Minor (130pf) in their STI Edge and could recommend a good spring weight, i sure would appreciate it. this would be with a regular guide rod and not a recoil master. This would be for 3 gun while i will be shooting major PF for USPSA Limited. I do not reload. thanks, david

I've used AA minor without any changes to my limited pistol that has a 13 lb spring. It has a slightly lightened slide and It functioned just fine. I would think you could easily drop down to 9-10 lb spring without issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

to caveat from the original topic. I am so looking to change out my original guide rod (recoil master) in my STI Edge with the dawson toolless guide rod. I also plan on staying in USPSA limited and shoot major PF. What spring weight should I use? I also don't reload.

Edited by Kwontanamo

to caveat from the original topic. I am so looking to change out my original guide rod (recoil master) in my STI Edge with the dawson toolless guide rod. I also plan on staying in USPSA limited and shoot major PF. What spring weight should I use? I also don't reload.

12 or 13 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...