Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate and other Cocking Levers

dnovo

When my Czechmate shipped, it was configured for 'minor' i.e. Iron sights, non-compensated barrel. (I don't compete any more, I shoot with a group of other 65+ old friends for fun only)

Decided to switch over to the included second, comp barrel and C More, which means removed rear sight. Now every other gun I own, and there are several, with cocking levers or slide rackers have the grasping part sticking out to the right. That means if you are right handed, you drop the mag and load with your left hand and if you need to rack back the slide you must shift the pistol to your left hand,

So since the CZ lets you mount the lever/locker oriented left or right, I screwed it in with the handle to the left.

Took it out and ran a bunch of rounds off. Worked fine.

So what, if anything, am I doing wrong or risking here and if there is no downside, why does STI, etc do it to the right? Required by competition rules?

Please advise

David

Edited by dnovo

yeah as long as it doesn't interfere with grip and doesn't interfere with the Cmore/mount then run it any side you want.

as guys posted, some people have to mount one side or the other due to a number of reasons:

interfering with scope mount or scope.

if mounted to the left can interfere with parts on some holsters

interfering with grip

but as someone said you can mount it to the right and still rack with your left hand. just a small tilt and away you go. left is still probably my preferred side.

enjoy. :)