Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite...

FF423

I'm new to USPSA and jumping in feet first with a STI limited gun I have my double belt from blade tech already and I know I want to use tec lock system but was trying to see if you were building a new limited rig what would you do different this time around....

Please in lighten me :)

I would not use tec lock for a dedicated USPSA rig. Try to make everything as rock solid as possible down to the point of velcro on pouches and holsters etc to stick to the inner belt.

CR Speed Belt, DAA RM holster and pouches.

I guess I just don't see the need for an easy off design in something that I'll never take off. Just more stuff to keep tabs on staying together, tight, and in place. Seems from what I have read/heard tec locks are great for bouncing back and forth from pistol to 3gun, etc. Kind of like the ultra expensive Safariland rigs. They are reportedly much bigger in 3 gun than in USPSA. Pop this on, pop this off, etc,etc.

I would not use tec lock for a dedicated USPSA rig. Try to make everything as rock solid as possible down to the point of velcro on pouches and holsters etc to stick to the inner belt.

CR Speed Belt, DAA RM holster and pouches.

I agree with this, for 3 gun matches I use tec locks (not on the holster though). For USPSA I use a dedicated rig with velcro on the backs like Sarge. (To me the Tec locks add too much bulk for the USPSA rig.)

I feel that with the tec lock you can install your gear in the perfect spot without and chance of movement especially if you add Velcro to the back side of the tec lock

Then run your tec locks. But you came here asking advice and two people (3 really, because I agree with them) gave you a reason why they thought it was a bad idea. (That probably sounds like a snide comment, and I don't intend for it to be.)

My rigs are setup on a DAA belt, which is a little wider, and my mag pouches are locked down tight. I don't need velcro on the inside of the pouches, because they won't move without loosening the hardware. I'm working on a similar attachment for my holster, because it can and does slide around a little bit.

I run tec-locks on the back of my shell caddies for 3-gun, but even with the addition of some 3M velco on the backs of them I don't get good adhesion between the inner/outer belts.

For mag pouches on a Limited rig, since I don't take those on/off my belt (even in 3-gun) I want something that locks down tight and doesn't interfere much with the velcro on the belts. I currently have the Ghost mag pouches but they are loose on the belt so I've been eye-balling the DAA mag pouches as a good option since the belt attachments look to be very secure and not much bulk on the backing.

But if you shoot multiple divisions and only have one belt I can see the value of easy-on/off gear.

I feel that with the tec lock you can install your gear in the perfect spot without and chance of movement especially if you add Velcro to the back side of the tec lock

Then run your tec locks. But you came here asking advice and two people (3 really, because I agree with them) gave you a reason why they thought it was a bad idea. (That probably sounds like a snide comment, and I don't intend for it to be.)

My rigs are setup on a DAA belt, which is a little wider, and my mag pouches are locked down tight. I don't need velcro on the inside of the pouches, because they won't move without loosening the hardware. I'm working on a similar attachment for my holster, because it can and does slide around a little bit.

FF423,

It all works, and for the most part it works well. But you did ask for opinions. I generally ask for opinions before I make my mind up on something. I am with Sperman, if you like the tec locks then run with it. They will work. We all have our own personal preferences but it's just good to run them by some other shooters to see if you can learn a better way.

Okay maybe I came off wrong the only reason I brought up the tec lock thing at all was that was the first I've heard of that ... I want a dedicated rig for USPSA and live by the mantra pay once cry once I'm sorry if I came off wrong

I guess I didn't know there were another choice other then the safariland ELS to attach to the belt