Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"The Feel" am I on the right track.......

Rockclimbg

I still pretty new to competitive pistol shooting as a whole although have been doing everything in my power to catch up (Brian's book, Matt's DVDs, Steve A's dry firing, shooting lots, reading the forum.) Anyway, I find my performance fluctuates, especially on long distance shots (25yrds plus.) When I go back to the basics of holding the sights steady through the trigger pull and trying to call each and every shot, I can usually get back to making 9'' pie plate shots at 50yrds (or at least knowing immediately if I miss.) Anyway, as I was going through what seems to be this cycle of mine, I got this "feel" of simply holding the gun very steady and pulling the trigger with good follow through, I wasn't doing anything I didn't already know how to do but it "felt" different. It's such an intangible thing to describe that I feel dumb posting about it but it was a unique experience. I'm not sure if it's and accumulation of the time/training I've been putting in or maybe just my "new thing," but it feels different than anything I've experienced before....almost like for the first time I was "willing" the bullets where to go and had a much greater awareness of my trigger manipulation (even in dry fire practice lately.)

Anyway, I'm probably not doing a very good job of describing it but if anyone else can relate their own personal experiences about when you felt positive change in your shooting or when you broke new ground that relates to an intangible feeling, I'd appreciate the input......

thanks for any replies and sorry if this was rambling

Rockclimbg

I know where you are. It's an amazing experience. Just don't "try to do it again". That will cause endless frustration. BE said once something like "Don't try and reproduce the action, reproduce the conditions that got you that action"