Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hard Chrome options for Open gun

Sarge

I have decided to have my gun hard chromed and sent it to my smith to check everything over and send it in to get chromed. We had a little miscommunication and he requested matte finish. We caught it in time to have APW put a brush finish on it. I'm wondering with an open gun is there any reason to not have the whole gun brush finished. Is there a reason to leave the top of the slide matte? I can see that on an iron sight gun but it would seem to not matter on an Open gun? I also would think frame and slide should be brush finish. Just doesn't make sense to me to do anything on a race gun in matte?

Also wondering about all the controls. Do you have them chromed or just polish the SS?

What are you guys doing in regards to Chrome on Open guns? Thanks I just want to get this right the first time while I can still fix it.

Hard chrome everything, polish the ss controls it will look great. I'm just glad to hear your not painting it...

Brush finish on everything? Brush is moderately polished not mirror like.

According to their website the cost is the same for matte vs polished. I'm wondering if they are taking into account only the flats of frame and slide?

I'm not sure. I know it too late now, but Ford's Custom guns did a Model 36 for me several years ago. They charged like an extra 50-100 bucks to do a bright HC finish on the entire gun. But man it looks like a mirror...

IMG_1470_zps941c8ac6.jpg