Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C More Standard switch

SMS2

All my C Mores but one are the click switch. The knob on the single standard switch is considerably smaller and much more difficult to turn......bordering on painful. Do you know if they can be sent back to be converted to the click switch?

thanks,

Stephen

I just purchased a like new open gun where both gun and Cmore are essentially brand new. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Cmore other than it has the regular switch which the rheostat knob is both smaller and resistance very tight, normal on that model, in comparison to the click version. Before doing what you suggested - selling and purchasing a click switch- I thought I would inquire if anyone had ever sent theirs back to have the switch changed. Also I think I will try the Arredondo overlay knob which is supposed to ameliorate the issue. Should neither of these 2 options resolve the problem it will have to go as I find it intolerable.

On the non-click switch, tight is good

I've had loosen up to the point they would change intensity during a stage

I have used the Arredondo knob, and took them off because suspect it caused wear on the switch and caused them to loosen up

Have you though about simply leaving the scope on all match and turn it off at the end of the day?

I've run the Arrendondo knob on many C-Mores, one has been installed since sometime in the mid 1990's on a major power factor 38 Super, with no problems. They come with a small rubber o-ring that installs under the knob. Orient the knob so the off position is at the 7 o'clock position when looking down from the top and full on is at the 5 o'clock position, press down lightly on the Arrendondo knob to slightly compress the rubber o-ring while tightening the set screw.

I've had 2 of the click switches fail on C-Mores, one on a .22 pistol and the other on another 38 Super.