Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI TriGlide Triggers on STI Grips

SMS2

Considering replacing my STI trigger with SVI triglide bow and trigger. Is there a noticeable improvement in the feel from the triglide bow? Also I am undecided as to modify the trigger to fit the STI grip or modify the grip to accept the wider SVI trigger. My thought is that if I am unhappy with the SVI I would be able to revert back to the STI trigger if I choose to modify the trigger rather the grip.

Any first had experience as to improvement with SVI if any as well as modification choice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

yes,if you modified the trigger you could swap back to the sti if you wanted. i chose to modify the grip as it is plastic/easier to modify and i was certain there was no chance i would not like the svi...i love it btw and wish all of my 1911s had one

yes,if you modified the trigger you could swap back to the sti if you wanted. i chose to modify the grip as it is plastic/easier to modify and i was certain there was no chance i would not like the svi...i love it btw and wish all of my 1911s had one

What are the improvements you notice over the plastic STI trigger?

Thanks

What are the improvements you notice over the plastic STI trigger?

Thanks

because i had to fit the trigger to the grip,i was able to get a pull with less movement than my original sti trigger. other than that, the astetics and being able to taylor the trigger insert to my desire....the latter 2 is why i went with it. as far as actual difference in trigger pull/feel im not sure it would honestly make "that" much of a difference.

I was considering the same trigger change, ended up just replacing the stock plastic one with the STI aluminum one instead. I liked the LOP of the original plastic trigger, just didn't care for the slick surface and the aluminum replacement is ribbed like my other 1911 style pistols. The cost for the STI replacement was 1/2 the cost of the SVI...