Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow trigger and disconnector timing

spook

I ran into the infamous CZ Shadow timing issue recently, where the single action goes before the double action and the trigger bar catches the disconnector.

After a little searching on the forum I sent an email to Schmecky (CGW) and he sent me a reply with a picture of the disconnector mod that needed to be done.

The problem went away, but in DA the trigger feels very different. Not exactly crisp. It stacks more towards the DA drop and when DA resets, instead of a crisp "click", it makes a dull, soft "clacky" sound.

I am hesitant to take more material off of the disco. I am afraid it will make the DA worse. I attached a two pictures. I hope the bevel is visible enough for a few guys to chime in on whether it is done correctly or not.

A couple of questions I have:

1) What causes the gun to go out of time in the first place? Which parts wear in and cause the gun to time differently?

2) Does the bevel look good and should I take more off, or have I gone too far?

3) Are disconnectors "drop in" parts, other than the lower side of the "ears"?

4) Does anyone know a good CZ gunsmith in Europe? There are some great gunsmiths in my country, but none of them are CZ wizards like Mink, CGW, etc. AFAIK.

post-1902-0-17118200-1387883963_thumb.jp

post-1902-0-63649500-1387883977_thumb.jp

Thanks for the fast reply guys. I'll get a new factory disconnector and have it fitted by a smith.

Just to be sure, other than having a crappy trigger, shooting the gun as it is now will not harm the gun right?

Too much material taken off. He shoots IPSC, you will need a factory part.

I believe the CZ pre-B disconnector is IPSC production legal. Well I bloody hope it is since I have one in my Shadow. It may not be as well finished as the CGW part, but is definitely worthwhile if you're buying a new disco anyway.

Just to clarify, the pre-B disco is what the SRT discos are based on.

ETA: the above info is for the OP. I re-read it and it sounds like I'm schooling Stuart. No offense mate. You've probably forgotten more about these guns than I'll ever know. ;-)

I understand that you can't say "hey, you can't use the competitors product, you have to use ours". ;-)

Edited by Feralshooter