Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouch and belt

FinishGuy

I have a Futuristic Magnetic holster coming. This gear is new to me. Does anyone have any suggestions for mag pouches and belts? I have been looking at the plastic version of the DAA mag pouch and both the CR Speed and the DAA belt. Any input would be great!

Either choice is great. You'll find the daa belt is stiffer and tougher to mount ur holster and mag pouch onto but it will be very secure

What are you thoughts about the DAA mag pouches. The aluminum ones look really nice but are out of my price range so I was considering the plastic DAA's.

I have several set ups all using DAA plastic mag pouches and DAA Racemaster holsters. One of the set ups uses the DAA belt as opposed to the CR speed belt.

The DAA plastic mag pouches are great, holding securely any mags I've used. I considered the DAA aluminum ones but decided against them after seeing what they looked like once in use. While they continue to function fine the finish chips rather easily and they end up looking beaten and weathered in a rather short period. The plastic ones look as new as the day I got them. As to function they both have the same range of adjustability and reliability.

There is a significant difference between the DAA and CR Speed belts. The CR Speed works very well and holds up to the use. It is also easy to mount your gear to it as well. The DAA belt is significantly stiffer and a bit thicker. Since my gear is DAA I had no problem in their mounting, (tight but not a problem), due to the mounting system they use. However, if you use different gear, especially if it does not have screws and clamps that can be completely removed ..........good luck trying to mount them to the DAA belt.

Hope this was useful.

Edited by SMS2

Either choice is great. You'll find the daa belt is stiffer and tougher to mount ur holster and mag pouch onto but it will be very secure

What are you thoughts about the DAA mag pouches. The aluminum ones look really nice but are out of my price range so I was considering the plastic DAA's.

I think they are nice but I don't believe them to be worth the additional money. There are plenty of other good products out there that are cheaper and do just as good a job (ie cr speed, blade tech, or the racer pouches) I do give it to them they look prettier than all the other ones though. Haha

• 2 weeks later...

I just received 3 CR Speed Mag pouches in the mail and was disappointed to find out they would not fit on my Tac Grip Belt. The belt is too thick and doesn't even come close to fitting through the opening in the mag pouch for the belt. Has anyone else had this problem? I like the thickness and rigidity of the Tac Grip belt and would not want to switch to the thinner belt.

Clint