Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A few of my many stage designs

niroth81

This is just short course with easy setup, but I depending on how fast the swingers are, could prove a challenge.

post-45954-0-77706300-1387103390_thumb.j

A good mate of mine love a good run and gun. Gratuitous lead throwing :)

post-45954-0-48607400-1387103469_thumb.j

Edited by niroth81

I have a hard time making diverse and different courses. In my early days I had been warned to always keep an eye on muzzle direction when it comes to uprange movement. There is a few ways to shoot this, I love giving the shooter options.

post-45954-0-72769500-1387103589_thumb.j

Edited by niroth81

This was a late night creation. I enjoy stages that have some back-tracking in them, it really makes you look at the stage and work out the most efficient way of shooting it. And who doesn't love a door.

post-45954-0-33467600-1387103675_thumb.j

post-45954-0-09978700-1387103685_thumb.j

Edited by niroth81

A little story: I've been shooting long arms all my life but only started shooting pistols at the start of the year. The local club members encouraged me to get into IPSC and I started joining in and found that I thoroughly enjoyed it. We have club matches every month. I think I'd shot IPSC twice prior to this weekend that we had a seat and table on a stage. Start position was seated back in the chair, gun loaded on the table. By now I loved trying to go fast and being a fairly competitive sort of guy, and not a bad shot, I wanted to do well. I get myself sorted, position the gun, whack my ass on the seat and wait for the timer. I hear the stand-by, then the beep and lurch forwards to pickup the gun, only to fumble it, and half drop it back onto the table. What I had done, is grabbed it strong hand, and didn't get my thumb around the grip as I picked it up. Finger off the trigger and I didn't break 90, so I, with the utmost care, continued and completed the CoF.

Every time we have a table start stage, I get plenty of comments from the peanut gallery about that incident. Needless to say, I've come a long way since then, and have changed my methods at a table start. Now I love them!

post-45954-0-98917100-1387103904_thumb.j

post-45954-0-64568700-1387103913_thumb.j

Edited by niroth81

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some interesting ideas, will PM you to see about getting a few of the Sketchup files if you don't mind so I can make them fit our bays and needs.

One thing I noticed, you have a number of times in the stages where you have shots at low, angled targets up close. I like targets and use them often but you have to be careful of 2 things. 1- how tall are your berms and how far is the position from the berm so that ricochet bullets stay in the bay. 2- those same bullets will tear up the walls and props you show downrange of them.

You can dig the targets into the ground, but then you have holes in your range floor. Better to adjust it if you can, for instance on What's My Time, keep the walls but put the targets angled to the right.

Thanks for posting the stages!

Tim,

Thanks for your comments. That's definitely something that I consider when designing stages. On any shot through a target that won't simply hit the berm, we place drums filled with rubber or sand directly behind the targets. We also use other items to protect our props, range walls and surfaces. There is nothing worse than destroying props for sure.

Cheers,

Jase