Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STEEL CHALLENGE single stack questions

Kimbertarget

Hello,

Ive always run production but i decided to try single stack with my COLT enhanced 1911.

The limitations are very vague.

1)Can you use an aftermarket barrel bushing or does it have to be from same manufacturer? Ex: COLT with a BRILEY SPHERICAL

2) can you use a full length guide rod if it wasnt equipped from factory (since its not an EXTERNAL MOD)?

3) can you have a 44-45* crowned barrel or barrel flush cut to bushing?

If these mods are not allowed in SINGLE STACK or LIMIT-10 what would it be allowed in?

Thank you

Actually there's a Steel Challenge sub-forum - I'd post the question there as it's related to mods allowed for shooting steel challenge matches. From what I've seen out our local matches it's basically run what you have. No one has questioned anyone's rig.

• 2 months later...

Is there a specific division for singlestack? I haven't shot it since it moved from Piru, but I think you shoot either iron sight pistol, which falls under "limited" or open pistol, which is "open". And then of course there is production, iron sight revolver, and open revolver.

Seiichi

Is there a specific division for singlestack? I haven't shot it since it moved from Piru, but I think you shoot either iron sight pistol, which falls under "limited" or open pistol, which is "open". And then of course there is production, iron sight revolver, and open revolver.

Seiichi

Yes, I think they changed it this year