Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8th Annual 2014 Colt and Colt Competition Northwest Multigun Challenge

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very generous sponsors! Many thanks to Doug and Scott for beating the bushes to scare up such a nice assortment of stuff. Last year I had the worst gear meltdown of my career and finished near the bottom- still walked away from the prize table with a smile. Can't wait to see you all there, My son and I will be ROing stage 7 again, with Rob, Albert, and Jason. GREAT crew, looking forward to renewing old friendships and making more!

Last year longest was 360 from the spool. On the stage with all the aerial clays. I know because I threw half a mag at it before hitting par time, and then lasered it because I couldn't believe it was that far. Distance is deceiving in the desert! :) However, I watched a couple limited guys with irons go one-for-one on the long stuff in the morning before the wind kicked up. I think aperture sights with a long-radius front sight block are significantly more effective at distance than the eotech type sights, based on watching hits and misses. Either that or the iron sight operators practice a great deal more. I would estimate 50% less attempts per hit on the stage I RO'd last year, irons versus red dots.

Edited by openclassterror

Last year longest was 360 from the spool. On the stage with all the aerial clays. I know because I threw half a mag at it before hitting par time, and then lasered it because I couldn't believe it was that far. Distance is deceiving in the desert! :) However, I watched a couple limited guys with irons go one-for-one on the long stuff in the morning before the wind kicked up. I think aperture sights with a long-radius front sight block are significantly more effective at distance than the eotech type sights, based on watching hits and misses. Either that or the iron sight operators practice a great deal more. I would estimate 50% less attempts per hit on the stage I RO'd last year, irons versus red dots.

Welp, I'm toast. Using an EOTech. :roflol:

Did I also mention I am using a 7.5" SBR? This should be laughable.

Edited by Zeke013

This is one of my favorite matches that I go to in the country. The use of all 3 guns on every stage is a real challenge! Scott and Doug you do a great job with the match! Plus get I to be in Bend that has over 17 Breweries and hang out with my best friends. What could be better!

Welp, I'm toast. Using an EOTech. :roflol:

Did I also mention I am using a 7.5" SBR? This should be laughable.

Before you cancel your registration, keep in mind there are only a couple long targets per stage, and even those are mostly closer than farther. I would definitely give the Eotech the advantage call on the close targets. Dots are fast. Big dots are not precise. I am not insinuating that the Irons guys BEAT the Eotech guys, just that they had better hits at the long bombs.

But #6 Prairie Storm is cool?

Thanks for reminding me Chuck, I just changed the rules to prohibit birdshot loads exceeding 3 3/4 drams equivalent. If prohibited ammo is used it is a match DQ and if there is damage to the target there will also be a $100 fine. This still leaves room for some fairly heavy loads, like many Upland bird loads, but rules out Prairie Storm which has 4.46 DE. So the largest shot that can be used on the shotgun spinner is #6 birdshot up to 3 3/4 DE.

Doug

Rules: http://nwmultigun.com/uploads/NWMG_RULES_ver_6-28-14_b.pdf

Edited by Doug H.

But #6 Prairie Storm is cool?

Thanks for reminding me Chuck, I just changed the rules to prohibit birdshot loads exceeding 3 3/4 drams equivalent. If prohibited ammo is used it is a match DQ and if there is damage to the target there will also be a $100 fine. This still leaves room for some fairly heavy loads, like many Upland bird loads, but rules out Prairie Storm which has 4.46 DE. So the largest shot that can be used on the shotgun spinner is #6 birdshot up to 3 3/4 DE.

Doug

Rules: http://nwmultigun.com/uploads/NWMG_RULES_ver_6-28-14_b.pdf

Good call. Thanks Doug.