Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to know the diff b/n old and new mag

Torogi

20131211_100429_zpsj8csxdfo.jpg

First one is just like you described. Matte, black follower, also with a spacer inside, 12coil spring. The right mag, i bought it a year ago and seller said he used 40S&W with it (it is marked 10mm and T inside a triangle). Is this the mag that is notorious to nosediving of short loads? I tested filling it and it would take 21 rounds of 40S&W, reloadable.

So i did try to use internals of the old tube (grams) but the back of the follower wont fit with the spacer on. Just the basepad alone with stock springs (12 coils) and stock follower, i was able to fill it with 19rounds reloadable.

Ill look into hennings website later..

I just wanted to update this thread, I did send a message to Beven G and he was quick to reply. He said that the right part number would be FKTS-11 (i did say FKTS9-11) =) and he doesn't sell just the followers alone.

He did say that the old follower can be modified by removing about 0.060" off the back and round off the square corners and edges.

is the back spacer on the newer mag can be retrofitted (drop-in) to the old K mag?

something just popped on my mind, so if i am using a henning basepad on these newer mag, obviously the spacer doesnt run the whole length of the mag with the basepad. will this create a problem? will the follower get snag with the spacer on the bottom end when compressed?

I don't see that anyone said it above, but old mags have the spacer in the front while the new ones have a spacer in the back.

Not 100% true. There was a short run of rear spacer triangle-t mags. They were better than the front spacer ones, but not as good as the Mec Gar's

is the back spacer on the newer mag can be retrofitted (drop-in) to the old K mag?

something just popped on my mind, so if i am using a henning basepad on these newer mag, obviously the spacer doesnt run the whole length of the mag with the basepad. will this create a problem? will the follower get snag with the spacer on the bottom end when compressed?

When the tube is fully loaded, the last round doesn't leave the mag tube, so the basepad doesn't need a spacer.