Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo +5 and Follower Problems

blopez50

Hello all!

I picked up some arredondo +5s for the limited gun I'm building. They went on super easy but I'm not getting many more rounds in them because the follower is hanging up. I can feel this by using the glock mag loading tool and pushing down really hard until it drops into the base pad.

I saw a short video done by Dawson on how to modify the followers and I tried that to no avail. Does anyone have any specific tips for what to do to my followers to get them to work with these Arredondos?

Thanks,

Brian

Dawson has a video on YouTube about how to file the follower to make sure that doesn't happen. I did what they described and never had a problem

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-xRAyzmmcr0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-xRAyzmmcr0

That was the Dawson video that I mentioned in my original post.

You'll need to do a little filing on the follower. They have burrs that can make them hang up.

Any idea of how/where I need to file the follower?

I marked all the edges with a metallic marker and then messes with the mag a bit hoping that it would scuff up the marker and show me where I need to file. Didn't work....

Thanks,

Brian

I filed mine on each leg. It's the follower leg hanging on the joint between the mag and the extension. Try putting it together without the follower and spring so you can look at the joint with a flashlight and see if there is a place that needs work. It doesn't take much to make it hang.