Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp weight

Cameron

going from a steel comp to titanium will really change the feel of your gun. the weight of the steel comp hanging out there on the end of your barrel feels like boat anchor compared to a titanium comp at the end of your barrel. some people like a nose heavy gun and some don't. there are plenty of people on this site with either comp, maybe they will offer more input on the issue. if you can get your hands on some other shooters guns at a match and find two similar guns, one w/steel comp and one w/titanium comp and handle both, you will immediately feel the difference.

Thanks to both of you for your info. I currently have a 5 inch gun with a Dawson comp, and went from a Cmore to an Eotech sight, so I now have a gun that I feel is much to heavy. I do not have the money to buy a minigun at this time, so I figured i would just have some slide lightening done and a Ti comp installed.

I have handled similar guns with a Ti comp, as well as the shorty's out there, and I definatly preffer a light gun (35 oz)

Thanks!

Benny,

When you talked about springing the gun correctly, was that due to comp material or the slide lightening? My understanding is a lighter spring weight with a lightened slide because there would be less moving mass, correct? I think I currently run a 12 lb.

Alan,

Sorry about the large picture, most people want to see how far off the slide the Eotech ended up. It is slightly higher to the dot than my Cmore with an Allchin mount. I still need to trim the correct length screws for the DP mount. This sight might end up on an AR, don't know, have not shot with it yet. So far, dryfire results look very positive with the wider field of view, just want to get the weight of the gun down a few ounces.

Any cool ideas on slide lightening I shoud see before the surface grinder starts chewing??

Cameron,

Thanks for the pic.

I see you have a swoop cut on the rear,

Have you lightened the front of the slide with what is refered to as the beretta style cut but not to the extreme that a beretta is done. the slides on my Major 9's are ~9.5oz. I think you can probably get to ~10 10.5 ozs with a 5" slide if you lighten the slide properly.

Let me know and I can send you more details if you would like.

Alan

I am kinda liking the tru glo.

I really liked the JPoint except for some minor inconveniences with it. The plastic lens was the first problem. The other problem was it not dimming itself enough to use when it was overcast.

Alan,

Got a line on cost and where to get one of the Trueglo sights? Looks loke a reflex sight. Does it have a curved or flat pane of glass? Can you change the battery without removing the sight? The Eotech has many advantages over a Cmore, drawback is the little bit of added weight.

Bob,

I am loading some of the KAP bullets for Jake. They look pretty sweet. Maybe email me a complete listing of caliber and weights shipped to 48125????

Cameron