Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Regional Series Updates

If they are just golf carts not sure you could fit multiple peoples gear on them. Especially with the potential of having to drive it a few miles from the parking area.

Having never been to the range I don't understand fully, but it's weird that I could bring my 1000cc side by side with gnarly A$$ mud tires out there, but can't bring my minivan...

No worries either way but some specifics on the transportation situation would be appreciated. If I need to pack light I'll leave the wife home.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I find info on the Semi-Pro series? I know the point race is being run at the Regionals, but that's about all I can find on the 3gn website. What would be the advantage to me to sign up for that? I would only be able to make one other Regionals, and I am currently waitlisted.

Where can I find info on the Semi-Pro series? I know the point race is being run at the Regionals, but that's about all I can find on the 3gn website. What would be the advantage to me to sign up for that? I would only be able to make one other Regionals, and I am currently waitlisted.

Yes, it would be nice to see the division series rules before the first match.

Yes, it would be nice to see the division series rules before the first match.

I thought the divisional series deal was on hold for a year until they had the regional matches up and running like clock work?

By divisional series I'm referring to the semi-pro, ladies and junior. The equipment and amateur divisions are not being run this year.

Then yes, that would be nice haha. I literally can't find any info. I'm going to make some calls and hopefully clarify some things today.

What type of stages should we expect at the Para South East Regional? I will bring plenty of everything and be prepared but I am curious as to what I actually need. Round count, slugs, max distance? THanks alot I look forward to another fun match!

What type of stages should we expect at the Para South East Regional? I will bring plenty of everything and be prepared but I am curious as to what I actually need. Round count, slugs, max distance? THanks alot I look forward to another fun match!

Round Count

We anticipate approximately 120 rifle, 130 pistol, 80 shot, and 10 slugs for the match. Course descriptions will not be released prior to the event.

Slings will not be required for this event.

From the dozen + matches I've shot that Charles has been the MD for, I can say that he throws a little (or a lot) of everything at you. There will be some burner stages and some longer stages with a good bit of movement. He does a good job of leveling the field so that no one gun or skill set has a huge advantage, they are very well-rounded matches. Rifle shots at the Tarheel matches are generally inside 350, but I have no idea what to expect at Clinton House as far as range goes. They have said the property is huge, so I would be prepared for them to take advantage of it. He usually gives a lot of shooters choice type stuff too, as in paper can be rifle or pistol, steel can be pistol or shotgun etc...

I'm already looking forward to it. I may even practice a little bit!

Edited by Mberry

3- Gun Nation Southeast Regional presented by PARA USA

We are getting excited for the match next weekend and just wanted to update everyone.

Several of you have asked when the range will be open for walk-throughs. You are welcome on the range anytime on Friday.

Shooter registration will take place at the range on Friday evening from 6:00 PM-8:00 PM. There will be two shooter meetings dependent on which time of day you shoot. Please check the schedule carefully. Likewise, the schedules posted for stage briefing and walk-through will be tightly adhered to, if you are not present, you will not be given any additional consideration. Please be courteous to your fellow shooters and arrive prior to your assigned schedule. A shooting matrix with your squads and schedule is attached.

Rifle Shots – there will be shots out to 300 yards

If you have not already squadded, please do so as squads are filling quickly. If you have not selected a squad by 9:00 AM on Monday, you will be assigned at our discretion.

SEMI-PRO – If you are interested in joining the race for an opportunity to compete in the Pro-Qualifier held in 2015, you MUST be registered as a Semi-Pro competitor. To do this, please go to your member profile at http://memberships.3gunnation.com, click REGISTER TO COMPETE, select SEMI-PRO division and follow the instructions. Shooters who are NOT registered for the SEMI-PRO division will not be able to have their scores retroactively calculated for this race.

As vehicles will not be allowed on the range, you are more than welcome to bring your own ATV. Golf carts will also be available for rent. In order to ensure that we have plenty of options, would you please email me and let me know if you are planning on renting a golf cart and if you plan to share with someone. Please also include who you plan to share with so that I can get an accurate count. The golf cart fee will be $50 for the entire weekend or $25 per rider for a 2-seater or $100 for the weekend for a 4-seater. As a matter of interest, the 4-seater will allow more room for gear.

Lastly, because of low participation in the Heavy Divisons, we will be using the second choice provided by those shooters.

Thank you for your support of 3-Gun Nation. We are looking forward to a great match!

Respectfully,

The 3-Gun Nation Regional Team

Tennille Chidester

Tennille@3gunnation.com

208-447-6553

Charles Sole

Charles@3gunnation.com

919-201-7990

Edited by Tennille223

UPDATE! SOUTHEAST REGIONAL

Please accept my apologies, I inadvertently selected the incorrect squad matrix. The attached document is virtually the same, the only difference is that the AM squads on Day 1 shoot the PM schedule on Day 2. Again, my apologies for this inconvenience.

Southeast Regional Squad Matrix and Schedule Rev. 1.pdf

Edited by Tennille223

How many people are required for the heavy divisions? I'm signed up for tac optics for the Southeast regional but I'd be willing to switch in order to make heavy metal happen.

Edited by rboyes

Anyone have some info on a few things:

1) How many golf carts are there (2 seaters and 4 seaters)?

2) How far is it between stages and if we cannot get all our gear in the golf cart AND our bodies, will we be able to walk between stages while gear rides in golf cart?

3) For the Ladies and Juniors Regional series, do we need to sign up ahead of time for our scores from Regional matches to count? As was stated you need to do with Semi-Pro?

4) WHERE DO WE FIND THE INFO TO SIGN UP FOR LADIES AND JUNIOR SERIES!?

Thanks if anyone has any information.

Am I the only one who didn't know some squads were early and some late?

Looks like the awesome half day format that Larry runs at FNH and we are using at Generation III. Now I'm really excited! No more wasted time between stages.

Half day format is awesome!! I was a little surprised that squads are late or early both days. Usually I've seen it staggered. I'm not complaining though. We can get all the rowdy crews on the late starting squads and get a full nights sleep. The wind may be little worse, but at least I'll be well rested.

Edited by Mberry

Round Count

We anticipate approximately 120 rifle, 130 pistol, 80 shot, and 10 slugs for the match. Course descriptions will not be released prior to the event.

Slings will not be required for this event.