Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Regional Series Updates

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3GN should embrace the old school train of thought for HeMan: 45 auto (8 rds), 12 ga pump (8+1), 308 w/ iron sights.

If you're not shooting 3GN matches do you get to vote?

LOL... Nice sucker punch. I didn't know we get to vote or get any input what so ever regarding regarding 3GN policies and efforts. After the rules vote, when do we vote on the 3GN Regional match schedule? Like maybe getting a say in having a new major match triple booked right over my match in May. I'm all for what 3GN represents and what they bring to the table, but if you want to step up and be the spokesperson, you're gonna get the heat that comes with it.

Not wanting to fire this up but... I won't be able to shoot any of the regionals because of the schedule which sucks for me. But hey it means Jesse is one spot higher (just kidding big guy). Even so I took a look at the rules had some thoughts and messaged Charles. Received an almost immediate response and he was very open to change and suggestion. So the answer is apparently yes. If you have something constructive to add and help 3GN will listen.

3GN should embrace the old school train of thought for HeMan: 45 auto (8 rds), 12 ga pump (8+1), 308 w/ iron sights.

LOL... Nice sucker punch. I didn't know we get to vote or get any input what so ever regarding regarding 3GN policies and efforts. After the rules vote, when do we vote on the 3GN Regional match schedule? Like maybe getting a say in having a new major match triple booked right over my match in May. I'm all for what 3GN represents and what they bring to the table, but if you want to step up and be the spokesperson, you're gonna get the heat that comes with it.
Not wanting to fire this up but... I won't be able to shoot any of the regionals because of the schedule which sucks for me. But hey it means Jesse is one spot higher (just kidding big guy). Even so I took a look at the rules had some thoughts and messaged Charles. Received an almost immediate response and he was very open to change and suggestion. So the answer is apparently yes. If you have something constructive to add and help 3GN will listen.

He was just being nice Chuck. Could you hear him eating a sammich while you were rambling away?

He was just being nice Chuck. Could you hear him eating a sammich while you were rambling away?

Best He-Man match by far in the He-Man 3-Gun National Championship. I shot this last year and It is not only fun, but everyone is enjoyable to be around. Hoping to shot it again if my schedule permits......

Three divisions: He-Man Iron (irons only NO 1x)

He-Man Scope (1 piece of glass)

He-Man for this match is a .45, .308 and pump 12 gauge!!!

Applications at: http://home.earthlin...t/~johnson3gun/

2014 3GN Regional Series

Southeast Regional Championship - March 1, 2 - Clinton, SC

West Regional Championship - May 17, 18 - Las Vegas

Midwest Regional Championship - Aug 16, 17 - Park City, KY

Southwest Regional Championship - Oct. 11, 12 – Marble Falls, TX

http://3gunnation.com/news/details/artmid/509/articleid/238760/3-gun-nation-announces-3gn-regional-championships-in-2014-

LOL, close... eating rasberry yogart. Waxed my snowboard, repacked my gear bag (which means finding the kids gloves) and watched a big air, back country vid. Feeling pretty good. Sorry for the steam yesterday.

For a long time, the biggest complaint I have had is that none of the matches plays by the same rules. I am excited for the standardization 3GN brings to the game and am looking forward to the nationally organized sport, which we are obviously being marched towards. I think that in the long run it will be good, but change is a painful process and while I am all for breaking a few eggs to make an omelette, I have been feeling a bit trampled on since the regional matches were announced. I kind of wish there was a 3GN club match in my area so I could get off the sidelines but nothing yet and my local club isn't equipped for the job.

I think you are right in assuming a stampede on sign up day. Superstition was like a black friday sale at best buy. I wonder how many people will really get in. With so many sponsors lined up, there have got to be at least 50 slots already reserved. Gonna be tough to get in for sure.

Since 3GN is the dominant force in the sport, maybe next year there could be a few more of these regional matches, with the added events further north. I know Colorado would be receptive. Maybe one in the Pacific NW and another in the Great Lakes area. And... don't wait so late in the year to schedule the dates. I could have easily planned my shotgun match on another date, had I known the 3GN schedule. By the time these match schedules were made public, I already had my first entries.

Edited by co-exprs

Since 3GN is the dominant force in the sport, maybe next year there could be a few more of these regional matches, with the added events further north. I know Colorado would be receptive. Maybe one in the Pacific NW and another in the Great Lakes area.

Now there is an idea!!! Almost like the Area matches USPSA has. I bet 3 Gun Nation is listening.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Is there going to be any way that a group/family can sign up together or is this going to be an "Every Man for Himself" kind of thing? There's me, the wife and son and this signup for all four matches at once is going to be a nightmare. Not to mention having to pay for all the entries at once.

Is there going to be any way that a group/family can sign up together or is this going to be an "Every Man for Himself" kind of thing? There's me, the wife and son and this signup for all four matches at once is going to be a nightmare. Not to mention having to pay for all the entries at once.

Great question Blaise! I know of a match that's going to address juniors and their parents signing up together.

Since 3GN is the dominant force in the sport, maybe next year there could be a few more of these regional matches, with the added events further north. I know Colorado would be receptive. Maybe one in the Pacific NW and another in the Great Lakes area.

Now there is an idea!!! Almost like the Area matches USPSA has. I bet 3 Gun Nation is listening.

We ARE listening! Next year we anticipate running 6-8 Regional matches and more of these matches will be in the Pacific Northwest and Western US.

Now to find out how to be selected as an RO for the Southwest Regional as Copperhead Creek Range Facility near Marble Falls, TX is an hour from home.

During the registration process you will have the opportunity to check a box Volunteer to be a Range Officer. If you select this box, you will be added to a potential RO list. RO's will be selected as needed, some Regional matches will require more RO's than others. If you are selected as an RO, your match fees will be waived and you will shoot 1/2 day Thursday and all day Friday. You will still be eligible to walk the prize table and scores will be submitted as usual.

Now to find out how to be selected as an RO for the Southwest Regional as Copperhead Creek Range Facility near Marble Falls, TX is an hour from home.

During the registration process you will have the opportunity to check a box Volunteer to be a Range Officer. If you select this box, you will be added to a potential RO list. RO's will be selected as needed, some Regional matches will require more RO's than others. If you are selected as an RO, your match fees will be waived and you will shoot 1/2 day Thursday and all day Friday. You will still be eligible to walk the prize table and scores will be submitted as usual.

Sweet! Thanks for the info!

We ARE listening! Next year we anticipate running 6-8 Regional matches and more of these matches will be in the Pacific Northwest and Western US.

Sweet! Hopefully it will grow to even more matches over the years to come :)

Edited by gose

When does one's membership expire? Is it calendar year Jan 1st to Dec 31st, or one year from the date you joined? I've been a member since March 24, 2013. My card doesn't say when my membership expires, and I can't find anything in my profile?

I know the registration isn't open yet, but clicking on register to compete takes you straight to a membership sign up page with a membership fee that also shows I'm a current member..? :huh: I'd like to renew if I need to before tomorrow at 9PM.

What is the deadline for refunds?

100% refund will be available until 5 weeks prior to the event. After this deadline date, shooters will receive a 50% refund as long as they cancel 14 days prior to the event. If the cancellation occurs after the 14 day deadline, the match fees will be forfeited. Additionally, divisions will be evaluated 6 weeks out, so if your division isn't sustainable you will be notified and will have the opportunity to participate in another class or pull out of the match without loosing any of your match fees.