Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

compatibilities for gen3 and gen4 parts

Torogi

Yah the gen 4 housing won't work in the gen 3 but if you want the correct housing so you can use the over travel stop in it i think they sell it for like 20 bucks. Then everything will be good. Or just use the gen 3 housing if you have if your not concerned about it.

Any suggestions for a reduced power recoil spring for the Gen 4 G34?

Do you have the oem Dual recoil spring assembly? You can replace it with Glockworx SS guide rod and get the adapter for it so it will work in the gen 4. I use their blue 12lb round wire spring on mine. The spring weights going to kinda depend on what type of ammo you shoot. I think a lot of people use 13# ismi for factory ammo. I like round wire better, but that's just me.

I still have a gen 3, but considering going to Gen 4. As I've looked online for Gen4 reduced power springs, I haven't found much. In my Gen3 I use a Lone Wolf rod and 13# spring to match my reduced loads. Thanks for your response as I was wondering about using this rod/spring combo and getting an adapter if I pick up a Gen4. Do you need a washer on your guide rod with blue GW spring?

I just went the other direction. I bought a Gen3 Zev kit for my G35Gen4. So I just took my stock OEM Gen4 trigger housing and swapped it out. Thus, I have an extra Gen3 Zev trigger housing w/ the .40 ejector.

I'd be happy to trade with anybody who has a Gen4 housing and needs a Gen3 housing. Not sure this offer would work for the O.P., though since my extra Gen3 housing has a .40 ejector.

I still have a gen 3, but considering going to Gen 4. As I've looked online for Gen4 reduced power springs, I haven't found much. In my Gen3 I use a Lone Wolf rod and 13# spring to match my reduced loads. Thanks for your response as I was wondering about using this rod/spring combo and getting an adapter if I pick up a Gen4. Do you need a washer on your guide rod with blue GW spring?

The guide rod adapter comes with a small washer as you know. Then with the GW spring they recommend you by a spring retaining washer to hold the spring, also. I bought it just in case. When i put it all on it just seemed like too much on the rod. I use only the guide rod and adapter and spring. No washer of any sort and it works fine.

The guide rod adapter comes with a small washer as you know. Then with the GW spring they recommend you by a spring retaining washer to hold the spring, also. I bought it just in case. When i put it all on it just seemed like too much on the rod. I use only the guide rod and adapter and spring. No washer of any sort and it works fine.

Thanks for the tip. I think I'll try that 12# spring, too, and see how it runs compared to the 13# ISMI.