Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Components handguard question

stre-tch

I just installed one of these this fall to replace a shorter hand guard and found that I had to drill and tap some holes for set screws because I couldn't get the hand guard to keep from rotating with just the jam nut. Anyone else have this problem?

I just installed one of these this fall to replace a shorter hand guard and found that I had to drill and tap some holes for set screws because I couldn't get the hand guard to keep from rotating with just the jam nut. Anyone else have this problem?

Did you get a proper spanner wrench for the nut? Yankee Hill Machine has one that works extremely well. I think the lock nuts are the same between those brands, or at least close to the same.

I had one that was very close from the shock on my snowmobile. I held the tube in place with a strap wrench and cranked on the locknut. I gave up when it came loose the second time and drilled and taped into the barrel nut. No problem now.

Interesting. I have four of the Nordic HG's mounted and I've never had one come loose. Best buy in the market IMHO. I've got 3 builds in the works now and pretty sure they will all be wearing NC hand guards. I have broke a lock ring before, but it's my own fault for not having the proper spanner wrench. It's also worth mentioning that the one that broke had been installed and removed several times. When it broke one phone call to Nordic had a new one in my hands in a couple days.