Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Controlling Tumbler Dust

Xhris

Grapemeister, thanks for following up on that. It is a bummer about Drillspot, but its good to know that Granger doesn't charge if you pick it up at their store.

There is another option to control the dust, use a wet tumbler with dry media (not water). No dust since its sealed and faster to process the clean brass. No drying time involved as there is with the wet options....

Now you can use the cheap corn cob media sold as pet litter since the dust is sealed in the tumbler. And since rock tumblers pretty much are made to run continuous for days (not hours) you can get things as clean as you want.

Well I decided to try ultrasonic - I'm not impressed. With the dust all over the garage + the media that always seems to spill / get stuck in the round, I think I am just going to switch to steel....

Well I decided to try ultrasonic - I'm not impressed. With the dust all over the garage + the media that always seems to spill / get stuck in the round, I think I am just going to switch to steel....

Pick up a small cheap mdf cabinet w/doors, large enough for a couple of tumblers, cut two 4 inch holes on each side, mount a couple of cheap muffin fans to suck air through the cabinet, vent them to a dryer vent with dryer duct, be sure to locate the dryer vent so it exhausts on your neighbors rose bush like this:

Edited by Ming the Merciless

Is it wrong that the only reason I even do laundry is to save the dryer sheets to toss in the vibratory tumbler?

No dust and been using the same media for over a year with the same results as when I started.