Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JM PRO magazine tube compatability

Artsville

Looking to buy my 3gun intro shotgun. I have shot some and with the budget would like to go with the JM Pro. It seems it is only possible to buy a 22" currently so can i swap the mag tube with a longer tube from nordic? I don't hear of anyone doing this so was concerned it wasn't possible on the JM version.

I know i have to open the port and weld the lifter already. I plan to drop deuces weak hand.

Also is anyone shooting slugs with success w/o a rear site and if so with what choke?

thanks

Artsville

You can pick up an XXL end cap from Nordic (they make the tube on the JM pro, but it is not an MXT model) for $20 or so and get 9+1 on the 22" JM. I believe someone else also makes a +2 end cap for the JM.

Otherwise, yes, you can buy a Nordic current model MXT tube to put on the 22" JM...

Roulette tactical and shooters source makes a +2 for the old Nordic tubes. I use the XXL cap for 9+1 on my 22". As far as slug go mine is dead on out to 75 yards without the barrel clap on. I've never shot slugs with it on so I dont know how that would effect it.

i am also running the Nortic XXL cap on my JM 24" with a GG&G follower and mine will hold 10+1(2 3/4") and as far as a choke i am running a LM extended

Why the different follower? i have read that the stock follower seems ok. Is the GG&G shorter than stock?

I believe there is benefit as well as drawback to running a clamp. I broke a tube (cracked it good) abandoning into a barrel, and I admit, I was a little too forceful.

That is where a clamp comes in handy to support the aluminum tube, as well as offering a front sling purchase point.

The drawback tends to be influencing POA/POI. I found that tightening the nut, and backing off the tube 180 degrees has solved that issue. I run a JM, bought as a 24", and purchased a 22" barrel from Mossberg. I have an XXL cap on the factory tube for 10+1, and a +8 MC tube for 12+1.

Not lc, but I called Nordic and brought up the fact that my barrel and mag tube are not parallel, so when assembling clamp, the 2 are pulled together. Nordic tech recommended lc's idea of tightening nut and leaving tube extension 1/4 turn out from tight. Allows slop in threads to help reduce divergence of barrel from mag tube.

Mark

Mpom has it right on. Nordic has their older model tubes, and the new model tubes (MXT, sorry, meant to type MX not MC...damn autocorrect) that have a recess for the clamp.

I am running a clamp now. Tightening the nut holds the handguard / barrel gas system in place. Loosen the tube itself from the nut so there is a little play. That allows the tube to move towards or away from the barrel as needed without influencing the barrel itself.

Mpom has it right on. Nordic has their older model tubes, and the new model tubes (MXT, sorry, meant to type MX not MC...damn autocorrect) that have a recess for the clamp.

I am running a clamp now. Tightening the nut holds the handguard / barrel gas system in place. Loosen the tube itself from the nut so there is a little play. That allows the tube to move towards or away from the barrel as needed without influencing the barrel itself.

So to clarify you are running a clamp now with the older nordic tubes(stock) but just backing off the tube a bit from being tight all the way. Tighten the end cap tight as you would normally.

So with this method of leaving the mag tube a bit loose and using the clamp, how is everyone's POI on slugs? How tight are you clamping? I was wondering if moving the clamp to different parts of the barrel (ie: closer to muzzle or closer to the forearm) would improve the POI.

I used to run mine like that, I have since switched over to a RCI xtension that is one piece if aluminum and i have yet to install the NC clamp back on. My capacity is now 10+1 and on a 22" it sticks out a couple inches. I had the XXL cap before and that was a good length.

I am now looking for a 24" barrel to reduce the amount of the tube sticking out. I don't want it too far out there since i focus on the end of the barrel and not the tube when shooting through ports and such.

Edited by Nickoli