Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State Tactical 2013 Precision 3gun

Texas State Tactical/Ar15Targets will be hosting their 2nd annual Precision 3gun event on December 8, 2013 at the Copperhead Creek Shooting Club in Marble Falls TX. There will be two divisions based on the precision rifle, semi-auto and bolt rifle.

7 stage mix of bays and natural terrain utilizing handgun, carbine and a precision rifle. Shots out to 700yards. Estimated round count is currently 100 rounds of pistol, 100 carbine and 20 precision rifle. 9mm submachine guns and suppressors are allowed. Currently over $2500 worth of prizes and lunch is provided.

Match fee $50. Limited to 100 shooters and 21 ROs.

Paradise Helicopters/Heligunner will be on site offering aerial gunnery.

For rules, registration and more information Precision3Gun.com

I believe that .338 is the caliber cap. I think the max range this year is 700 because of some changes at the range.

This was the long range stage last year. That far E-Type target was 825ish..

411310_4139542727739_1617421563_o.jpg

Edited by BigLucky

Why not just post the distances for the precision rifle right there at the stage, along with the stage description.

But then what would those of us who have those really cool range finders do with them. I know, get to the stage, range the targets, and post them next to the stage description.

I'm curious about the round count for the precision rifle? I need to start loading some 6.5 rounds.

Read the first post, it has the round count.

Haha, thanks not sure how I missed that! lol I read to many threads

Will slings be required/needed for either rifle??

Thanks,

Jack

I checked with MD and no slings will be required. Also the stages are up on the website.

Edited by Jack T

I was going to come down but the weather is looking pretty bad for this weekend. 35 degrees and freezing rain doesn't work for me any more for shooting. Maybe next year.

Sissy. Lol. I understand. I will have a blanket and a chair when I am calling hits. :)

I still have that Florida blood flowing through me and was thinking about bowing out. But, I really need to redeem myself after the dismal performance with the precision rifle last year:)

See ya'll there!!

Jack

Edited by Jack T

I was going to come down but the weather is looking pretty bad for this weekend. 35 degrees and freezing rain doesn't work for me any more for shooting. Maybe next year.

I'm hoping for no freezing precip for the boy to drive through. Even though he'd tough it out, the dad in me might not let him drive down there.