Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting true irons at Major 3gun?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably double the iron sight shooters of ANY outlaw match????? Care to retract that statement now!! 3 shooters, less than 130 total competitors.

Man up mayor!! It's what Daniel Horner would do;P

Btw, congrats on your finish, so you're the top Mil/LE in the nation. Way to go.

Trapr

Too bad. I'm enjoying irons. I wish more competitors shared the same interest.

I do have a question maybe some of you more.... um.... "experienced" iron sighters answer. I've always had excellent vision. 20/15 in fact. The past couple of years though, my eye sight has been slowly degrading and I am becoming far sighted. The front sight of my rifle is right at about the edge of where I can focus, and sometimes it takes some effort to pull that focus in. I have to wear reading glasses now for small print. Can Rx glasses fix the far sightedness without negatively impacting my clarity at distance? Or is it more of a give and take type thing?

BWWWAAAAhhhahaaa... welcome to my hell... :devil:

jj

eta;

and I am in too...a Bryan/Bryan all-irons match would be kewl!

JJ, Is there maybe a rule change comming for the world 3 gun that makes the iron division iron.

Jay

For our limited Iron, we will continue to accept 1X. If you have a 1x AND irons, they must be co-witnessed...i.e. same sight plane.

But, for He-Man Iron, we will continue to be irons only.

From the give and take between Kelly and Kurt etc, it seems that the preference and accuracy of 1X vs true irons is often a personal preference.

When we asked our shooters, this was the majority opinion, so we're going to leave it this way.

We've already accepted MANY applications for the World Match, and as has been pointed out on this forum repeatedly, the rules should not change after people enter the match and choose their divisions. :surprise:

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on shooting irons at the Texas Multigun Championship next year. I started shooting 3 gun with irons, and it's just fun to me. They don't have a true irons only division at the Texas Multigun Championship, so I'll be shooting against people with 1x optics. That's ok, I just can't justify spending ~$600 on a red dot when I feel like I shoot irons better.

They've had true irons divisions the last two years at TXMG...the WWII Division in 2012, and the Vietnam Division this year. And running 3-gun with a Garand is a heck of a lot of fun! I may drag my WWII gear out to a match a Blackwater sometime next year...just need a new barrel for the 870.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to shoot iron exclusively. I felt very competitive even against the TacOps guys until it came to targets beyond 75 yards. I just got my butt kicked by TacOps shooters on targets at distance. On some of the longer stages it was also very fatiguing on my eyes. Since I was stuck with an A2 I put a C-More on all scout mount that sped me up quite a bit. I am now running a Vortex HD but would love to put the Cmore back on the flat top of a light rifle to shoot a some fast, close range stages.