Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forearm Recommendations

Why1504

I tried the Diamondhead when I couldn't find a Seekins anywhere. It isn't quite flat on the bottom and has scalloped sides. I liked it, and it was very comfortable for off-hand shooting, but not as stable on barricades as I was hoping.

I was finally able to get a Seekins and I don't see myself ever using anything else. Seekins is a great company (in my opinion) and still seems to be an undiscovered gem in a lot of areas. If you are at any of the major matches, Shiloah will probably be there and he's a great guy to talk to about Seekins products.

If you're ever shooting on the east coast, I'll probably be there and I'll be happy to let you try my Seekins out. I shoot most of the Tarheel matches and the Academi (Blackwater) monthly matches.

I don't see many around but Odin Works has a 15.5" Sport and Keymod forearm. Flat bottom but not a big triangle like the Seekins. Noveske is too small. If you can knock the Samson is flexible with roundish bottom but still my current fave. Want to see a Lacer up close before I give it a shot.

I just picked up a Seekins 15" rail at DSGarms in Ft. Worth today> shouls have a few more in stock, and the price was good. It's a real sweet forearm

I don't see the flat bottom handguard on their website. Is it in-store purchase only?

It's on the website, Seekins Precision SP3R Mod Rail system 15". Look under AR15's, rail systems It's $223.25

ODIN Works Dallas, we believe that there is enough space in both the Sport and KMod to run an adjustable gas block. If you purchase a rail from us and experience issues please let us know. You can return the rail and receive a refund.

Wow. I'm going to try these guys out. Anyone else have an Odin?

Check out the Noveske NSR it is not too small once the panel kits are installed. With a 15 inch rail you will need 4 hand-stop panel kits. The panels increase the surface area and provide traction for your hand. The flat bottom works nicely with the the stops for barricade support.

Really? May have to give it another look. I have one but did not install as my PRI did not fit. Does it flex into the gas block?

I'm still going to try the Odin Sport 15.5" and see how she goes. Don't like the the proprietary barrel nut idea on handguards as well. Something the Samson does really well - but it does flex slightly.