Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm conversion

Pipeliner

I'm thinking no -- you might be able to swap a 9mm slide but I think you may have problems with mags/feed ramp/feed angle.

You need to check the Tanfoglio's out -- Here are my Tanfoglio Elite Limited and Match frames with 45ACP / 40S&W / 9MM / 22LR conversions , all the mags have same dimension except for feed lip -- it's a 10 second conversion to change calibers

10600337095_f122d5a3a4_c.jpg
Tanfoglio by targheeee, on Flickr
10600356464_ff7b3fc86c_c.jpg
Tanfoglio by targheeee, on Flickr

You probably need a new ejector and extractor.

Also:

• Most 40/9 use fully ramped barrels.
  • Your 45 probably does not have a ramped barrel.
  • You may have to have your frame cut--some people feel the clark/para/lisson is the better ramp cut.
  • New slide
  • New sights
  • new ejector
  • new extractor
  • plus mags

I bought a 9X23 conversion kit from CDNN many. many moons ago and put it on a Colt Series 70 .45. All I did to the frame was replace the ejector with the correct one. I also bought a .38 Super barrel but never fired it. Upon starting USPSA I got to thinking about that 9X23 sitting there, and me not being willing to loose 9X23 brass. SO I fitted a cheap 9mm Para barrel and bought a bunch of Tripp 9mm mags and I am having a ball shooting SS Minor. I don't think I am placing as well as I did shooting my .45 in SS but I am not down much. I really have not taken advantage of the ten round mags yet in my stage planning. It has been over a year since I shot in Production as I have been shooting Revolver and SS Major. Good luck!