Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why did I do that? WHY?

rhino

Okay ... today we had a very nice fixed time course of fire (designed by the Great D-Lo himself). It consisted of two paper targets with a Pepper Popper and US Popper on either side (Peppers on the outside). The time limit was 3.5 seconds.

So ... I know it's possible to do this, even with my pokey 1.6-1.8 second draw.

I'm planning to march my way across, popper, popper ,paper-paper, paper-paper, popper, popper. It'll be tough, but I can do it.

I get into position ... I relax ... the RO starts me ...

And I draw.

And I shoot the paper first. Plan has gone awry.

But ... gets worse. I only shot the paper ONCE. Then I transitioned to the other paper and shot it. ONCE. Then I went back to the first paper and shot it again, and shot the second paper as I came back across it. :blink:

So now I'm wondering why I did that, and as I pull across the US popper I miss, then I press the trigger at the second beep and the Pepper Popper goes down.

Three As, one C on paper, and one steel. That's 29 of 40 points.

Crap. On. A. Cracker.

Had my "plan" survived, I think I could have hit at least three of the two steel plus two As on each paper.

I don't know what I could have done differently, though :unsure: ... my brain just made my hands do the wrong things at the wrong times. If I had another chance, I doubt if it would happen again.

To his credit, D-Lo got 40 of 40 points, the only one to do so in the whole match! :)

... my brain just made my hands do the wrong things at the wrong times.

I hear you Bro! I just need my brain to get me to the match on time. After that I don't want to here from it again until the drive home. :lol:

Or stated another way, a mind is a terrible thing to waste............ a perfectly good stage with.

LOL, good post Rhino. I had the same thing happen to me last match. Rehearsed it endlessly, and screwed up after the beep. I think it has to do with the way we rehearse. You can SAY: popper, popper, paper etc. etc. But it's probably better to SEE: Popper, popper, paper etc.

Just make a little movie in your head of how it will look after the beep. Make the movie positive. See your sights appear on the targets and see them lift off the target. Stuff like that is much stronger than just repeating words.

The most difficult part of the match for me is from the start signal to the last shot fired. I have a great plan before the stage, I have continplated all the things I have read here and mistakes made in the past. I visualize the stage and feel ready to go, certain I am not going to make the same mistakes again. Then we have the beep I go through the COF and fire the last shot, I know then the problems I had during the COF. If I could just get my brain to work during the COF I might just get somewhere!

Make the movie positive. See your sights appear on the targets and see them lift off the target. Stuff like that is much stronger than just repeating words.

I try to do so, shot one stage last weekend only 2 C in an almost perfect time.

Rest A-A snake-eyes.

Walked the course with the RO (Dutch Champion) for scoring, 2 miss on the first target.

Happens to me too often, fuse blows, 7 miss in total on the rest of the stages, with two stages left, packed my gear and went home :angry: with myself.

• 2 weeks later...

And yet another "revolver-unfriendly" stage. But, with 3.5 seconds to work with, a revo shooter should be able to get A-A on both paper and take out a couple of poppers for a solid 30 points (75%).

We should, but somehow it never quite works out that way.

For sure, there's no way I can get off 6 decent shots, reload, and get in 2 more shots within the time allowed. So there's absolutely no sense in rushing the first 6 shots.

I try to do so, shot one stage last weekend only 2 C in an almost perfect time.

Rest A-A snake-eyes.

Walked the course with the RO (Dutch Champion) for scoring, 2 miss on the first target.

Happens to me too often, fuse blows, 7 miss in total on the rest of the stages, with two stages left, packed my gear and went home  :angry: with myself.

Been there, seen it, done it....

Last nats here....perfect stage in the speed of light....5 misses on 24 round stage....luckily I ran away from the RO - timer only showed 7odd secs...got the reshoot.....screwed it up

Still luv the game though - shows us our weaknesses so nicely...in your face. :rolleyes: