Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best load for a comped 9mm gun (minor or major)?

DrLove

I don't think there is one good answer to this but it pretty much would be like what kneelingatlas said.

"Insert the the maximum amount the case will hold" of " insert any number of slow burning powders" under the lightest bullet you can find that will hold together at some pretty insane speeds. In 9 mm my vote would probably go to AA7 or HS6. Both are dense enough to fit a lot in the case and slow enough to work.

I'm still experimenting with this using a Glock17 gen4 lone wold distributors barrel and compensator (major). I'm trying to find a good load that does just what you describe using titegroup. My findings so far show a 115 gr 9mm over 1200 fps works and so does a 124 over 1150 fps. A factory load fails every time. Here's some video.

9mm compensator (muzzle break)

Edited by Buildit2

HS-6 is awesome in comped guns. very dense and will produce a tremendous amount of gas.

When we have HS-6 we run 6.8 grains under a 124 jhp MG. very very accurate and just under 1200 fps. OAL is 1.120 +/- .004

Edited by bajadudes

HS-6 is awesome in comped guns. very dense and will produce a tremendous amount of gas.

When we have HS-6 we run 6.8 grains under a 124 jhp MG. very very accurate and just under 1200 fps. OAL is 1.120 +/- .004

So at that PF (148), is that enough gas to work the comp?

We have a customer with a 92fs comped Beretta that claims it runs better than anything he can purchase off the shelf ( he is not a reloader ). Understand that we have to load something that will be safe and run in most guns for the general public.

In all probability you can increase OAL and charge weight to get even more gas if you want it but that is custom experimentation that is up to the individual reloader. We can't load and sell something custom like that and keep pricing competitive and guarantee a safe product in every gun it's shot in.

I posted the recipe as a good, known safe load that will make more than the average amount of gas

I think the basic point is that it's a dense gassy powder that runs nice and clean.

We have a customer with a 92fs comped Beretta that claims it runs better than anything he can purchase off the shelf ( he is not a reloader ). Understand that we have to load something that will be safe and run in most guns for the general public.

In all probability you can increase OAL and charge weight to get even more gas if you want it but that is custom experimentation that is up to the individual reloader. We can't load and sell something custom like that and keep pricing competitive and guarantee a safe product in every gun it's shot in.

I posted the recipe as a good, known safe load that will make more than the average amount of gas

I think the basic point is that it's a dense gassy powder that runs nice and clean.

I take it you sell commercially reloaded ammo?

I take it you sell commercially reloaded ammo?

Yes, reconditioned brass and when I can find it at a reasonable price, new brass.

Lic and insured FFL-06

Been thinking of ponying up the bucks to be in the dealer forums here but the only thing that has stopped me is the fact that I can't even keep up with my local demand. The situation right now is truly insane.