Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&p pro 40l core adjustable sights

hops

Your screwed man. Im in the same boat. No one makes them. My only option was to send in my gun to Dawson and they said they would need for for 3-6 weeks and they would make me some. Then charge me for the sights, then charge for instal, then charge for labor!!! WTF?!?! I'm letting you have my gun for up to 6 weeks and letting you make a product that will make YOU $$$ and they want to charge me that much?!?! I just blacked out the rear sight and am going to run there front fiber.

They just put up some fixed rear sights on the website for the core models in co-witness and non co-witness versions. No details there yet, just pictures, but i talked to them on the phone about it the other day. I guess that will work, and using the shorter non co-witness rear means a shorter front sight, which is good. Otherwise i would have to use a huge .315 front sight.

Maybe someone will eventually design an adjustable rear for this?

Hops, it may make you feel better to know that I tried the Dawson Precision adjustable sights on my regular M&P Pro 9mm a while back and they did not work well for me. In fact i hated them. I am sure that others would disagree, but that is just my experience. The front sight had to be so tall to work with the adjustable rear and they just stuck up way to high off the slide. It wasn't natural to me at all when i raised up the gun to get on target. I changed sights and went with the Warren Tactical rear sight / Dawson Precision fiber fronts, and really like that combination. Just my opinion. If anyone wants to buy a slightly used set of Dawson Precision adjustable rear sight with matching fiber front sight please PM me, as I still have them in a drawer.

They just put up some fixed rear sights on the website for the core models in co-witness and non co-witness versions. No details there yet, just pictures, but i talked to them on the phone about it the other day. I guess that will work, and using the shorter non co-witness rear means a shorter front sight, which is good. Otherwise i would have to use a huge .315 front sight.

Maybe someone will eventually design an adjustable rear for this?

Where did you find this? I just looked on their page and couldn't find it.

• 3 weeks later...

Im running dawson's on my 9LCore and love them, plus you can shoot production if you like just by taking your optic off (in my case RMR)

Has the CORE been added to the Production list? If so, this is great news! The last I heard it wasn't legal for production.

Im running dawson's on my 9LCore and love them, plus you can shoot production if you like just by taking your optic off (in my case RMR)

Has the CORE been added to the Production list? If so, this is great news! The last I heard it wasn't legal for production.

It currently has not, I have contacted S&W a few times and I know a few others that have requested them send in the paperwork needed.

We are not allowing classifiers to be sent in on a core but we are pretty open to let people shoot it, I also shoot it in IDPA as a shoot what you carry