Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just curious, anyone shooting a Sig P229 in Production?

JGus

I've already got a couple Sig P226 stainless steel framed USPSA models, as well as a Sig X-5 Allround for Production use. And I've got on order a CZ Custom Shadow. So I'm covered on guns for Production use.

However, being a lover of Sigs and owning a few P229's, I was just curious if anyone is shooting a P229 in Production?

While I haven't considered shooting them in Production, my P229's are tack drivers out to 25 yards. I can move quickly and shoot quickly and accurately with the P229, but never considered it for Production use.

Anyone out there using (or have used) a P229 in Production? What are/were your thoughts? Just curious.

Yep. I've been shooting a 229 in 9mm since I started USPSA about a year ago. My theory was that I should shoot what's in the safe until I get good enough that the gun is holding me back. That's not the case so far...

I'm tempted to shoot one of my P229's in Production at one of the local matches, just because I think it would be fun. Of course, I'd have to get a holster for it as my current Bladetech holsters are for P226 and X-5. I don't think I'd outperform either the P226 or X-5, but I guess I won't know until I try it.

• 2 weeks later...

My dad shot 40 cal 229 at a friends of the NRA event a couple weekends ago. He did pretty well. You are right about them being great out to 25 yards or so. The only draw back is the shorter sighting radius, but they are quick and easy to handle.

I just picked up a 229 Elite Scorpion that I plan on shooting my second time through at our local matches. Wanted something I can keep stock while I keep the Glock 34 for gaming.

Just need to figure out a good load for it. I've got 125lrn and 231.

• 1 month later...

I shot mine a couple times, just kind of for fun though! Picked up an M&P pro because the price of the X-5 scares me :) Going to run my 226 .40 at our first match next year just to get classified in Lim 10