Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 625

EEH

I'm keeping both of my Carmonized 625s. ;)

I suspect I might shoot one of them at the USPSA Nationals in 2014. But I reserve the right to look over the stages before deciding--I might go with 8-minor instead. It all depends......

I find the 625' s are more consistent with a reload. It is way more forgiving on a sloppy reload than most others. A single 8 shot may be able to equal the 625's but for consistency the 625 has it. My opinion only ( MOO ) RDD

I plan to keep both my 625 and 610.

Infact I am planning on seeing Ron Power shortly for a little more work on my 625, and my 686.

As was said above the 8 shot advantage is only good if no reload is required. From what I have seen so far the 8 shot is going to be slower than a 625 or 610 on the reload.

Bob

Heck No!

Remember IPSC is where it's still viable, and the WS is in 2014!!!

I've got a M29 set up for USPSA and I love shooting it, but the moon clips are expensive and fragile and I just can't find a good bullet I'm happy with, but it was always my backup.

My 625 is finally set up the way I like and it's economical to shoot. But now I'm going to work up some minor loads for it that I like and use it as a back up. It's still going to the show, but won't be the primary.

The 627 I picked up just seems like a great gun. The action job, functioning, reliability and the loads are all great. So irregardless of cof's at a match I'll be using the 627 next year. Though I will still take the 625 out locally, probably with minor loads no less.

I find the 625' s are more consistent with a reload. It is way more forgiving on a sloppy reload than most others. A single 8 shot may be able to equal the 625's but for consistency the 625 has it. My opinion only ( MOO ) RDD

Roger that.

I can't do it ,but can't the six be reloaded a little faster than the 8 shot ?

I hope so, you will need to real quick to beat no reload at all.Especially when the course of fire will deem an extra reload for the six shooter. Example would be a common 24 round field course. Or how about an 4 target standard. In this case any reload is slower than no reload at all.

Can someone remind how allowing 8 shot rev. was going to help USPSA?