anderson22

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am new to 1911s but hardly ever see the Sig name mentioned. Must be a reason eh?

Sigs are seriously underrated and very good 1911s. They do apparently advertise a 9mm 1911 but I have never seen one.

I've got a 9mm Sig 1911. Cost under $900. My DW PM-9 is relegated to a backup role now since the tighter chamber makes it much pickier about ammo and I hate to case gauge.

The one that fits you best.

90% of the people here are going to tell you to get what they have because that's the best. And in every case it is.... For THEM.

The best for you is what fits in your hand and points naturally. That said, when it comes to single stack 1911s the frame dimensions are going to be so close that you'll never really feel the difference. That brings it down to things like grip safety treatment, grips, arched or flat MSH, trigger pad length and the controls. All of those can be changed to suit you. So it really doesn't matter.

So let me just make this recommendation; You named two very good quality 1911s. Stick with that thinking and you'll be fine. Don't get cheap. A competition gun is something you want to be durable and reliable. Cheap MIGHT get you there, but MIGHT isn't really reliable is it?