Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SS Full Length Guide rod... Reverse Plug, No?

Cundiff5535

Hey guys, I have a quick question... should there be a plug for my guide rod? My 75 didnt have one but, I had one drilled in so that I could use a full length rod. This is just my own range toy that I really enjoy shooting! Does anyone know of a reverse type plug (like my CTS has) that would work in the 75 to finish the look/stabilize the guide rod...

This is NOT a huge deal... the pistol runs flawlessly, I am just curious to see if anything can be done!

Thanks

IMG_0511_zpsadb9fbc6.jpg

I wound use the guide rod from a Tanfoglio, its a larger diameter with a flat end which sits flush with the slide:

eaa-witness-9mm-ps.jpg

We designed a plug for my open gun that the guide rod rides in and sits in the bottom of my comp to fully support the full profile comp. I don't think a tanfo guide rod will work I think it will bind unless you design a plug for it to ride on. I have a full length guide rod in my SP 01 and have never had a problem with it.of course I could be wrong

I am half thinking of trying one of these out. I think it will work out fine, if not... Ill just go back to the current guide rod I have in it. Like I said, it works fine, I was just looking for a reverse plug.... similar to whats in my CTS? Before anyone goes to crazy, I understand they are not nearly the same thing...

HS1001.JPG

H081-42_001.JPG

Edited by Cundiff5535

I actually don't have any uncut standard Witness guide rods at the moment, but by my calculations a standard length Witness guide rod should be a little long and need to be cut. The standard length CZ guide rod is about 3.75" not including the little point on the back and the long slide Witness guide rod is 4.16" so the standard length Witness guide rod should be 3.91".