Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Witness Limited VS CZ75 sp01 Shadow Target

anderson22

I am torn on both of these guns.. I really like the looks of both but since I live out in Dutch Harbor I don't have the chance to shoot one in person or fondle one. Just wondering what some of you experts think of the 2 listed. Thanks

I just shot my Limited 9mm for the first time and it is pretty sweet! I have both and here are my questions for you:

How soft are your hands?

Do you like a heavy pistol?

Do you plan to add a mag well?

Have you considered a CZ Tactical Sport?

I use dove soap. Very soft :) kidding My hands are kinda rough. I live in Dutch Harbor..

I really like the feel of my Les Baer Custom .45.

The Magwell really isn't a deal breaker. I could go either way.

I have not really looked at the sport tactical

If you like a light trigger, the TS is the ultimate. The Limited has more aggressive checkering on the front and back straps of the frame (my wife says it's too much but I love it!) than either CZ.

The Limited also uses a heavy cone barrel so I soaks up the recoil the best.

The Shadow has a 4.5" barrel, Limited has a 4.75" and the TS has a 5.1" barrel.

For me the Tanfoglio ergos and the cone barrel make up for the shortcomings of the trigger making the Limited a toss up with the TS, the Shadow is in third in my opinion.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Very different pistols for different divisions.

The Limited is bigger in the hand, and is most at home in USPSA Limited, as its too big to fit in a box and SA only sticks it only in a few competitive circles.

But its a FABULOUS gun.

The SP01 can compete in IDPA, Production, Limited/10, probably others, is smaller gripped. Its also a fabulous gun! More versatile, and a winner in Production all over the place.

Since you named the Shadow Target I figured you just wanted a SAO 9mm for target shooting. Are you going to compete in IPSC?

Im not gonna compete anytime soon but I really want something that I could use in the future.

9mm rules the Production class, but it has to be DA/SA so that knocks out the TS and the Limited, but the Shadow line, Limited Pro or Stock II/III would all make great competition pistols.

If you prefer SAO, Standard Division is your game in which case 9mm is scored Minor so you might consisted the TS or the Limited in .40 to make Major.

9mm rules the Production class, but it has to be DA/SA so that knocks out the TS and the Limited, but the Shadow line, Limited Pro or Stock II/III would all make great competition pistols.

If you prefer SAO, Standard Division is your game in which case 9mm is scored Minor so you might consisted the TS or the Limited in .40 to make Major.

I just kinda got started in guns last year and its super addicting.. I really would love to compete at some time but right now im a ways away from that. We have a few small comps out here in Dutch. (Small).. Which gun in your opinion would be the better gun. the TS or the Shadow Target? I kinda like the looks of the shadow target a lil better but some people say the TS is a lil more accurate with the longer barrel?

I'd take the TS over the Shadow Target all day long; if you ever have the chance to fire both side by side you'll know what I mean. The TS has a unique trigger mechanism which has far greater potential than any other CZ75 pattern pistol.

Do you plan to do a trigger job on this gun? If not it's a no brainer to go with the TS. Out of the box the trigger is much better than the Shadow which is better than the out of the box Tanfoglio triggers. With a good trigger job the Shadow or the Tanfoglios, can wind up about the same, but that will only come close to a stock TS trigger. With a trigger job and race hammer the TS is paralleled only by a custom 2011/1911.

I'd take the TS over the Shadow Target all day long; if you ever have the chance to fire both side by side you'll know what I mean. The TS has a unique trigger mechanism which has far greater potential than any other CZ75 pattern pistol.

Do you plan to do a trigger job on this gun? If not it's a no brainer to go with the TS. Out of the box the trigger is much better than the Shadow which is better than the out of the box Tanfoglio triggers. With a good trigger job the Shadow or the Tanfoglios, can wind up about the same, but that will only come close to a stock TS trigger. With a trigger job and race hammer the TS is paralleled only by a custom 2011/1911.

Right on. Im gonna call CZ custom in the morning. THANKS for the help

One is imported by CZ-USA and enjoys great support from the importer. The other is imported by EAA, a company with legendary customer service...for all the wrong reasons.

That would play a big factor in why I'd go with the CZ.