Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoppage due to broken part - reshoot?

blueorb

I am conflicted on the reshoot due to shooters mechanical failure - match prep is part of the sport - reliability is a mark of a well prepared shooter.

At local club matches I give a reshoot under some circumstances but at majors unless it is clearly allowed or implied under the written rules no damn way that is how it is.

Gun failure, ammo failure, belt and holster failure - shoe lace - I don't care those are on the shooter - sometimes it is random and sometimes folks have or should have had notice of problems.

We make our own luck - statistically speaking.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the shooter the 2 minutes, of course. IF he is the one that notices the problem. But to have a part fall off that was designed to be there. That is structural. That serves a purpose in its operation. And continue to use that firearm......not wise.

All machines have parts for a purpose. Either operational or to contain stess. If a part that contains stress fails the stress is put somewhere else. That somewhere else was not likely designed to handle that stress. Other parts will fail causing catastrophic damage to both the machine, and likely the operator.

To those that still wish to continue using a machine that has been altered by failure...good luck. It's just a game...not worth injury.

Edited by whitedog