Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many SG rounds do you carry on a stage?

pmt

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun:

1 round in gun; four - 12 round magazines; and two (extra) on belt.

Total = 51 Nothing left after last shot on SG stage.

Ranger6

"Dude, it's got to be true. They can't put anything on the internet if it isn't true!" A. Lincoln

Default setup is two double-quads right in front of my holster. How many shells I put in them depends on the stage, but usually no fewer than 8. That can be two quads, four twins, our anywhere in between.

For long stages, I can add another two caddies (Blade-Tech TMMS mounts) that can give me upwards of 30 on the belt, plus I can add a 20 round Chameleon belt on my chest. Nine in the gun, one on the MatchSaverz, and, if I really need it, a couple of shells on a nylon/velcro sidesaddle on the receiver means I could bring over 60 shells out to a stage with me. If it is all shotgun, I could pull the pistol holster and get another 8 rounds on that TMMS.

OK, looks like I'm going to invest in two L2/6's to start, and have my two 6 round caddies for backup.

I went with the L2/4 because I like to cant them, and I thought that the L2/6 may not work out that well for me. Plus I use ELS clips, and the way the spacing is on my belt, I thought the L2/4 would fit better. Granted I could have spaced the ELS plates farther apart, but I didnt want to go that route.

Have you already ordered the L2/6's?

Do you shoot 3 gun out at Rio? If so, I will be out there next weekend, if you want to check mine out. Also I have quads if you are interested in checking those out.

Yes, I have ordered two L2/6's.

Yes, I'm a new member at RSSC - mostly shooting Tues night steel. I have a gray beard & usually wear a black H&K hat. If you see me please introduce yourself.

OK, looks like I'm going to invest in two L2/6's to start, and have my two 6 round caddies for backup.

I went with the L2/4 because I like to cant them, and I thought that the L2/6 may not work out that well for me. Plus I use ELS clips, and the way the spacing is on my belt, I thought the L2/4 would fit better. Granted I could have spaced the ELS plates farther apart, but I didnt want to go that route.

Do you shoot 3 gun out at Rio? If so, I will be out there next weekend, if you want to check mine out. Also I have quads if you are interested in checking those out.

Yes, I'm a new member at RSSC - mostly shooting Tues night steel. I have a gray beard & usually wear a black H&K hat. If you see me please introduce yourself.

Will do for sure. Are you shooting 3 gun out there tomorrow?

Won't be there tomorrow. We have guests from the east all weekend. I just got my two L2/6's........now the practice begins. With my old caddies and the new holders, I can carry 24 on my belt + 9 loaded.

Won't be there tomorrow. We have guests from the east all weekend. I just got my two L2/6's........now the practice begins. With my old caddies and the new holders, I can carry 24 on my belt + 9 loaded.

OK cool, another time then. I will let you know if I make it out on a Tues night. Im hoping on the 22nd I can shoot the tac 22 match then steel, we'll see. Good luck with the practice!

• 4 weeks later...

I would say more often than not you will not be required to load more than 16 shells in a give stage

That said, when I set up the jungle runs up here in MN, minimum round count is 30...at 40+ they make me pull targets out because its not conducive to good match flow...and that's if you don't drop any shells or miss...and you'll probably do both

Edited by ambluemax

• 1 month later...

I ordered one of these http://www.gunnersolutions.com/products.php and after a short bit of time slo-moe practising I stopped and studied the dynamics of my hand and I do not think the quad load is going to work for me. I am not a small guy but I do have very short squatty fingers and just cant seem to get around quads with room for control. The good thing about the SL8 seems to be that it is versatile enough to work with any type of load technique.